can you remember the greek chippy at the top of victoria street..some great characters worked in there.....were you one of them?

Yes, I remember the greek chippy it was ther for 25 years!!!! The resteraunt upstairs The Greek Taverna was owned by one chap and if I remember rightly the chef bought it and then moved to further in the lace market , he bought this as long as he could keep the name. He still runs the resteraunt with his son.

IMMSC his nickname was Scooby and wasn't it the Eviva Taverna (Or am I mixing it up with somewhere else?)

• 4 months later...

Oh the Greek was great. They did a great doner and chips, You could also walk into the place from Victoria Street and go out the other side into Pelham Street. We used to go in the Bodega first, then the Corn Exchange, Prince Albert, Corner Pin (always full of codgers), and walk back to the Greek before going to the Palais. Happy days

Guess what I'm having for dinner tonight ?????????? SWMBO has just fetched them from our Greek chippy on the far side of town !!!

z112.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...