What was your Co-op Divi number?

Stephenford

I have only recently seen a picture showing a signal box originally on the land next to the bridge, Roosevelt Avenue side

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember I was a patient at the Children's Hospital and the Doctor said I could go home and did I know my Mum's telephone number. No I said but I know her Co op number it's 92092

3009 - Varney Road, Clifton I can remember going in there with my Mum, who would look down her nose at people who asked for 'tick' (credit) or those who bought margarine instead of butter! I remembe

Do you remember that a lot of the co-op shops had a central cashier, and all the different departments were connected to her by an aerial despatch system. They put your money and check in the containe

Posted Images

I was still using a Co-op divi number until I left the Falkland Islands in 1988. My number was 351

Port Stanley Co-op:

scan0004.jpg?gl=GB

105989.................105989..105989....105989, never to be forgotten, me mam would make me repeat it before I was sent shopping, I'd keep saying it over & over............all the while. whilst running down Ambleside road to Co-op on Aspley Lane..................105989.............105989

Mick - sorry, I've been away for a few days. Yes the signalbox was there, and just below, at the end of Roosevelt Avenue, there was a style (invariably populated by the local trainspotting fraternity). This led to a private footpath that ran along the base of the embankment to the sheet stores - it rose up to track level to cross the Erewash canal. Standing there while a Jubilee thundered past on a London - Manchester express was quite an experience,- nothing but a three rail fence between you and those thumping great 6 foot 9 inch diameter driving wheels. There were a lot of employees at the sheet stores, and an air-raid type siren, that could be heard all over Long Eaton, was used to mark the start and finish of the shifts.

Paulus, I had a good school friend lived on Ambleside Road, name of Elaine Dawson - know her? :) We used to swap comics, as we kids used to back then.

Family name Dawson rings a bell, but 'fraid I didn't know her, I was born at 21 Minver Crescent in '51, we moved to 458 Aspley lane in '62, & I went to St Teresa's RC in Kingsbury Drive, then to the Becket RC Grammar in '62, so didn't have that many friends around the estate.................it was sure tough being a cat'lik in Aspley............not many about!! slywink

Thanks Stephen

Nice to see you keeping up with posts on your return.

I am finding it more difficult due to the volume.

I'm not complaining mind :)

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Double Nine Three Double Seven. We had Co-op deliveries for just about everything when we moved to a new estate in Arnold. Milk, bread, groceries (in a big library-type van), coal. Then a row of shops was built locally which took most of the business away from the Co-op delivery people. Now that lovely row of shops has become a load of takeaway outlets and everyone shops at Asda, Sainsburys and Tesco .......... not the Co-op !!

105989.................105989..105989....105989, never to be forgotten, me mam would make me repeat it before I was sent shopping, I'd keep saying it over & over............all the while. whilst running down Ambleside road to Co-op on Aspley Lane..................105989.............105989

Sounds like you are a Minver Crescent ite

12126 - still remembered after 55+ years and................

if I listen carefully, I can hear my mother reciting the numbers to the cashier at the Radcliffe On Trent Co-op!