What was your Co-op Divi number?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember I was a patient at the Children's Hospital and the Doctor said I could go home and did I know my Mum's telephone number. No I said but I know her Co op number it's 92092

3009 - Varney Road, Clifton I can remember going in there with my Mum, who would look down her nose at people who asked for 'tick' (credit) or those who bought margarine instead of butter! I remembe

Do you remember that a lot of the co-op shops had a central cashier, and all the different departments were connected to her by an aerial despatch system. They put your money and check in the containe

Posted Images

I have it somewhere but this sounds and looks like a scam to me.

Bip. not one to moan.

If it's a scam - good luck with it! Nobody in our family has shopped at the Long Eaton Co-Op in about 30 years!

Dunno, can't remember.

(to Bip) How the bloody hell could it be a scam????...............Oh, I get it - your mum forgot to claim the "divi" 30 years ago - now I've got her number I can claim it for myself! (or steal her identity!).....For God's sake!

Dunno about you lot,but where I lived, all the ladies,regardless of how much they spent over a certain figure in the 50`s and 60`s seemed to get the same amount!What I did notice was the poor quality of their own products compared with the `named 'brands,(e.g Stork with the CWS concrete blocks etc!). Does the Co-Op still exist in the UK?

Still going, and been dragged into the 21st century, screeming and kicking. I don't use ours as one minute further down the road is Morrisons and they are half as cheap again

......... - 60931.

First used @ Parliament Street.

Then Southchurch Drive Clifton.

With the replys to this you can tell who was sent out to do the shopping.

Them Good old Days !!!!!

Used to go to the one at the junction of Worth Street and Foxhill road Carlton.

They did the whole chabang, little brown bags to weigh things into , every thing was loose in big boxes (From sugar to soap powder). You could even buy six inches of elastoplast which was cut off the strip in front of you ,most hygenic!!

I also remember shouting our divi number to our Co Op milkman when it was pay the bill day.

21106 - but it's a dead un now Big Kris, what was your army Number Kris - I'll try claiming your pension!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
(to Bip) How the bloody hell could it be a scam????...............Oh, I get it - your mum forgot to claim the "divi" 30 years ago - now I've got her number I can claim it for myself! (or steal her identity!).....For God's sake!

Some People?

Bip.

I cannot remember the numbers but being on the border of Beeston and Chilwell we had different numbers for the Nottingham Co-op and the Long Eaton Co-op. The border was Park Road Beeston/Chilwell.

Later the Nottingham Co-op became the Greater Nottingham Co-op spreading as far as Skegness.

I was coerced into remembering it when I had to pay the milkman on a friday morning during the school holidays in the 50's and 60's, the money was placed in a little china pot next to the front door.

It was all a waste of time really, the number was written in pencil on a brick next to the front door, just in case I forgot. 50 years on and you can still clearly read it, and the pot is still there as well.

Incidentally, how come that my Chelmsford Co-op Divi card was acceptable at the Trowell Road, Wollaton Co-op, yet not at my local branch just down the road at Bocking.