What was your Co-op Divi number?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember I was a patient at the Children's Hospital and the Doctor said I could go home and did I know my Mum's telephone number. No I said but I know her Co op number it's 92092

3009 - Varney Road, Clifton I can remember going in there with my Mum, who would look down her nose at people who asked for 'tick' (credit) or those who bought margarine instead of butter! I remembe

Do you remember that a lot of the co-op shops had a central cashier, and all the different departments were connected to her by an aerial despatch system. They put your money and check in the containe

Posted Images

There is a Co-op in Leamington and some local ones around Warwickshire but they are not all part of the same company. My husband "joined" and he gets a calendar with coupons for a percentage off certain goods each month but these are not valid in all the co-op shops.

The "divi" has gone, along with the concept of shareholders, to be replaced by Tesco vouchers, Nectar points, and the loyalty cards for Beefeater, Table Table and Brewers Fayre. This is all to get us to shop in certain places. I use these cards with care remembering that there is no such thing as a "free lunch".

• 2 weeks later...
I remember I was a patient at the Children's Hospital and the Doctor said I could go home and did I know my Mum's telephone number.

No I said but I know her Co op number it's 92092

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Arkwright st Co-Op, just around the corner from Kirkby st, on a Saturday morning with my mam, divi number 66333 .

She took me with her to carry the bag,s. Great days..

• 4 months later...

My mum's back in the 50's was 4425.......

The Co-op on Wilford Road, the Medders, was the first self service shop I`d ever seen. I was about 7 or 8 and I couldn`t understand how you could have a shop where you helped yourself. Thought everything would get nicked!

There was a bank of sort of cages and you put your shopping bag into one and took a wire basket and you got your bag back when you paid.

Our Mam`s number - 37581 - I emailed my siblings, in their 70s, and they all still remembered it.

• Upvote 1

YOURE not far wrong Eileen...............it was the start of mass 'Shoplifting'...................

• 1 month later...

The Co Op on Nuthall Road was our 'local' and the one in town (Parliament Street) - my mums was 96497 and she shopped at the local one every day! She used to get these cheque type things too that she paid weekly for and could buy larger things at the one in town - a type of credit I suppose 

• 1 month later...

I can still roll it off now. My mother made me learn it at the same time as my times tables!

• 1 month later...

My grandma must have got in early, her number was 507. The instruction was always ringing in your ears when you got her shopping list "and don't forget to give 'em the divi number !". I never would have dared forget it!.

Jackie Davis, Thats very close to my mothers number  55042,probably set up from the Meadows in the late 40s early 50s

Rog

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We lived in Hucknall, my mum belonged to the Co op on Station Road..........It was back in the 50's her number was 4425 - can remember queuing for the divvy at the co op offices......we once got £5 and that was a fortune then.....