Ok, fairly easy as long as you follow these instructions.

First lets assume your in the "post mode", you will note on the bottom right side of the "post window" there's a box thats say's "BB Code Help, click on it and scroll to the bottom, where the Youtube "tags" are. Click on them, now assuming you already have the Youtube video you want in another window, copy the address from the address bar of your browser by highlighting it and click right mouse button and "copy" the address, place the address in between the youtube tags on your post by pasting after

As an example for the next step I'll paste a youtube address here.

The full address won't work, so here is the next step, here is the address once more split, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= fvDoDaCYrEY

The only part of the address required is the fvDoDaCYrEY The rest requires deleting.

Then just post the new topic as normal.

If you have any problems just leave a post here and I'll help you sort it out.

John

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the work on that John

The Code for Youtube is

[youtube*] VIDEO id only [/youtube*] (WITHOUT THE **'s, they are there to stop BB code activating in this line)

enter only -K22WZpn964&NR for VIDEO id

gives you

[youtube*]-K22WZpn964&NR[/youtube*] (WITHOUT THE **'s, they are there to stop BB code activating in this line)

THE RESULT is

No probs Mick, glad you simplified my instructions!

I made the same mistake first and got the gap as well.

Could do with a Youtube Icon, like the image or URL popup box?

• 5 years later...

Thanks for the work on that John

The Code for Youtube is

[youtube*] VIDEO id only [/youtube*] (WITHOUT THE **'s, they are there to stop BB code activating in this line)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K22WZpn964&NR

enter only -K22WZpn964&NR for VIDEO id

gives you

[youtube*]-K22WZpn964&NR[/youtube*] (WITHOUT THE **'s, they are there to stop BB code activating in this line)

THE RESULT is

OY!!!! I ain't gorra BB button, but I got this: <> in the bottom row of my toolbar, & when I float over it the word 'code' appears...................... :No1:

• 3 weeks later...

So how come it does't work for me?

(youtube)ex4J6X8kIts(/youtube) - Replaced square brackets with curved ones to display entry

Even adding the asterix's doesn't help.

ex4J6X8kIts

[youtube*]ex4J6X8kIts[/youtube*]