Nottingham Vintage Bus Video.

At a guess, the 1960's looking at some of the cars.

If below video does not play, go to

what a swizzzzzzzzzzz video no longer available.

Bip he never complains.

I've no idea why that happens Den, but here's the link to it, it's a good video around the city centre and the old NCT bus depot at the bottom of Parliament Street.

Here's a hot link to it.

I got not available too

Try the live link Ian.

I got that ok (I think I'll stick with the old way ta)

I've been trying to find out why that happens Ian for the last week!! I still cannot find an answer, and I spent about an hour on Youtube this afternoon combing their site looking for an explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Poohbear,

All they seem to do now is stick their arms out with a two fingered salute

Rog

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to this site and there is so much to see and comment on, I'm not used to how it works yet.

Trolleybuses.

I used to be a member of the Nottingham Trolleybus Group, we hired a trolleybus to follow the last 36 back to the depot in 1966, so I can claim to be one of the last members of the public to travel the system, we even managed to lose the poles at the junction of Parliament Street and Mansfield Road on the way back, which must have been about midnight, on entering the depot, we had a big party, the crews were in tears, I still have my ticket autographed by our last driver and clippie.

My best mate was the grandson of Alderman Sidney Hill, later to become Lord Mayor, but then in charge of the transport system, and what a lovely bloke he was.

We tried to persuade him to get us on the last official trolleybus, but he couldn't do it, all the places were taken up by council officials, as usual, no seats for schoolboy 'Erberts like us.

Being honest chaps we approached our headmaster to allow us to see the last trolley pass by, the evil scumbag threatened us with expulsion if we attempted it, I never forgave him for that, it was just an hour out of school, but he didn't want to know, honesty is never the best policy, despite our interest and connections, he had his head stuck so far up his own backside that he couldn't understand what it was all about, devious, horrible man, I clashed with him a few times, so did my mother!!!

Anyway, Nottinghams so called last trolley is preserved at Sandtoft, without the cheapo markings that they stuck on it, and without it's original starting handle too, it's in my garage collection.

Welcome to the forum...thanks for your memories of the trolleybus finale

IIRC, wasn't Ald Sidney Hill an engine driver off Nottingham Midland loco, or am I confusing him with another Lord Mayor from that era?

Cheers

Robt P.

Great memories firbeck

There is a thread here "The last Nottingham Trolly Bus"

Someone will no doubt point to it?

The original video inbedded in the first posts shows no longer available?

Its still on the Youtube site so I have updated the link.

• 6 years later...

Fabulous film. It can be dated the 1965 or early 1966. Trolleybuses disappeared in July 1966 and the shots around the Lower Parliament Street Bus Depot show an AEC Renown bus - these were 'C' registered - i.e. 1965.

I'll take my anorak off now....

Tim