Trivia - Hero's Of Our Youth?

:rolleyes: Mick what did you do that for, i was nearly there with the answer, you knew i've been away for a couple of days and i have been trying to catch up on all of the posts that have gone on since i've been away..Dammmmmmmmmm.

I shall have to take that smart smug smile off my face until the next picture poser.

post-25-1109850788_thumb.jpg

B) It's all here..............

Why a Duck routine.Click here.

:o You knew i was going away for a few day's, i needed the rest from those twists and turns of your quizes, just another corner to turn....Yes mum i know i'm talking to myself again, "but it helps".....I have these heads you know..... :blink:

post-25-1109886146_thumb.jpg

That there Mick's a reet spoil sport Dennis :rolleyes:

• 13 years later...

Talking of Lowry, when I had a flat in Sneinton Hermitage, about 1971, my flatmate had a Lowry painting hidden under his bed for several weeks prior to taking it to the Midland Group Gallery.

My flatmate's mother (a renowned artist herself) was a friend of Lowry and she had offered to loan her painting, a gift from the artist, as an exhibit.

I've often thought since that time what would Lowry have thought of Sneinton Hermitage in 1971. It was the time of the UK census and we didn't receive any census forms as the assessors thought the building was condemned and uninhabited.

I also wonder what No 13 is like now. I know it still exists - I've seen it on GSV. Has Sneinton been gentrified, I wonder? Does anyone live near there?

• Like 1

I remember all of those pubs. We didn't frequent them very much, preferring to go into town of an evening. I do recall one occasion, though. We went to, I think, the Jester and found it full of women and girls all wearing false beards and moustaches. This was very disconcerting. It was almost as though we'd stepped into a Fellini film set - or Hammer Horror.

Never found out what it was all about - we left pronto!

19 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Yep...and the last Bastion of Snenno closed recently....The Dale.

Wheatsheaf, The Fox, The Jester, The Oakdale..Tally Ho and Elwes..yet to become kebab/ western union money transfer/ mosques 

Worrabaht  'The Greenwood Tree'?  Is that still open?

• Like 1