Can anybody help me remember a name of a pub?

It was located in the City center,somewhere behind The Tavern in The Town if I remember rightly(the road leading from the Market Square towards the Theater Royal).It had a medieval theme,you went down some stairs to get in and there was a well at the bottom with a skeleton in it!

I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called and it's now 'doin' me 'ed in'

I should also add that it was around 1987-1990ish.

Vaguley remember a pub (Where the old classic cinema was) called Camelots . I never went in though

I think you're both talking about the same place, it's now been knocked down and replaced by a shop/office. It was more or less next door to what is now Selectadisc.

It was located in the City center,somewhere behind The Tavern in The Town if I remember rightly(the road leading from the Market Square towards the Theater Royal).It had a medieval theme,you went down some stairs to get in and there was a well at the bottom with a skeleton in it!

I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called and it's now 'doin' me 'ed in'

I'm sure it was called Loxley Hall. I definately remember the skeleton down the well!!

Does anyone remember the Blitz diner on St James St. A WW11 themed bar?

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

!englandflag! !englandflag!

[it was definately the robin hood tavern. Went there on the opening day which was a Friday lunchtime]

Talking of 'themed' pubs,,,, we worked for a brewery that were doing 'themed' pubs out of town.

The first was (I think) SEA WORLD - it 'featured' a shark bursting through a wall in the lounge,,,,

The second was (another think) JUNGLE WORLD - it featured a lion bursting through the wall,,,,

Can't recall:

where they were

how long they lasted

if they did any more.

They were garbage places even before they werre opened !

Baz

((will copy this to a new thread))

• 1 year later...

Vaguley remember a pub (Where the old classic cinema was) called Camelots . I never went in though

The Camelot Club / the old Hippo / The Bomb was on Bridlesmith Gate.

Robin Hood Tavern was built & knocked down where the Classic Cinema was , which is now the walk in entrance of the Euro car park.

3066134779_ce5f111f23_o.jpg

There was/is a pub "The Sea around us" somewhere near Loughborough? massive tanks as "windows" like being in a sub,going bact to 1960's though. I thought that blitz themed pub was The Moot Hall corner of friar lane? !rotfl! I know we shouldn't laugh, not sure if true or a myth but my mum always maintained they eventually found the body of the landlord in the wrecked Burtons tailors across the road, for days people had thought it was a shop window dummy!

I went in "The Sea Around Us" many years ago - it was rumored that Roger Moore hung out there!

IIRC, there was a 'twin' to The Sea Around Us on the approaches to Lincoln...sited on the original A46 at North Hykeham.

Name eludes me...come on Rog!

Cheers

Robt P.

I went in "The Sea Around Us" many years ago - it was rumored that Roger Moore hung out there!

i went in there too Eric, not looking for RM but was close to the uni .......when i was at notts ac, we used to use the track at the uni and then drink at the sea around us !!!!!!!! not acceptable by todays sporting standards

• 3 weeks later...

as the classic cinema i saw "hanger 18" there in about 1980, followed by "beverley hills cop" about four years later.

as the robin hood tavern, in the late 80's they had a heavy metal disco on saturday afternoons the dj was none other than freddy ballinger, the guy who bombarded radio trent with his system to try to get a job there.

• 2 years later...