Me & my sister got caught playing nick from school by the schoolboard officer one afternoon. When we went home, the schoolboard were there talking to me mum. Me & my sister got a slap & made to go upstairs. We took my pillowcase & put some clothes in & ran off. We went to the cemetry & went down to the sunken part. There were parts like caves. We stayed there till it was dark & then started hearing all kind of nosies & got really scared. Then we heard people talking, not sure who it was, we couldn't really see. We ran all the way back home & got a right shouting at. We were about 13 yrs old & knew a few kids that used to go in there & walk around.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to walk to school along Forest Road and in the bad winter of 1962/63 there were some real pea-souper fogs - as an 8 year old I remember being really spooked by the gravestone in the form of an angel that seemed to emerge out of the fog. I ran home then!

• 9 months later...