My favourite. Loads of happy memories. Me and Alan in our old stomping ground (Nags Head ,Carlton Hill) playing pretend violins and bopping around like madmen to it (Every one else in the pub looking at us 'gone out')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8TOkXYFE0M

Just played it to my little lad and he started doing the dance and singing along (Even though it was just La la la and it only lasted a minute, but it was worth missing RIAT for)

A little togetherness.......The Younghearts

Never heard of it!! Is it on a compilation - I might have it already and not know!

How about one that everyone (nearly) will know?

Down on Funky street - Arthur Conley

Staying with Atlantic amd Arthur Conley - Aunt Dora's love Soul Shack

and one of my favourite records at the hippo - Look at granny run run - Howard Tate

And while we're at it - Funk 49 - the James Gang - which is Joe Walsh in disguise!

How about another Wison Pickett..........Don't Fight It.......Ohh & Howard Tates Every Day I have the Blues Sam & Dave.....Soothe Me and ANYTHING by Sam Cooke........lol Thelma Houston's version of Jumpin Jack Flash

Ray Charles...I don't need no Doctor..............I better stop now lol

Okay..........................6345-789 and Funky Broadway and one of the best Atlantic tracks ever - Otis and Carla - Lovey Dovey - which is on King and Queen......Sam and Dave - Said I wasn't gonna tell nobody and then back to the Hippo and the amazing records that I used to hear there - Love is after me - Charlie Rich and sixty minutes of your love - Homer banks !englandflag!

So, I did a google and found it - it's brill!

I didnt realise it but I had it on a vinyl compilation that Kev Roberts gave me back in 1980 when he was a regular guest on my show on Trent, and more recently was reminded how good it was when I was looking at a You tube vid of a comp northern soul in Alfreton, and then found I had it on cd as well.

I didnt realise it but I had it on a vinyl compilation that Kev Roberts gave me back in 1980 when he was a regular guest on my show on Trent, and more recently was reminded how good it was when I was looking at a You tube vid of a comp northern soul in Alfreton, and then found I had it on cd as well.

Aha - but which CD? and did you take a look at the website?

Okay..........................6345-789 and Funky Broadway and one of the best Atlantic tracks ever - Otis and Carla - Lovey Dovey - which is on King and Queen......Sam and Dave - Said I wasn't gonna tell nobody and then back to the Hippo and the amazing records that I used to hear there - Love is after me - Charlie Rich and sixty minutes of your love - Homer banks !englandflag!

lol...ok Charlie..I played ALL the above at some point in time :tongue: