Had a discussion with my uncle [dads brother] who lived at one time on Forest Grove off Colville street sometime in the 50s. He seems to think that the building that is the boys high school on Forest Road was a army barracks at one time. But I thought that the boys high school had always been in the building that it is in now. Can anyone enlighten me?

The High School has a Combined Cadet Force with Army, Royal Navy and RAF sections.

When I was there the school armoury and shooting range were both located in the playground along with a 25 pounder and a Bedford 4 tonner.

Your friend probably saw boys on parade and mistook them for real soldiers.

The High School has a Combined Cadet Force with Army, Royal Navy and RAF sections.

When I was there the school armoury and shooting range were both located in the playground along with a 25 pounder and a Bedford 4 tonner.

Your friend probably saw boys on parade and mistook them for real soldiers.

Just been there tonight in the founders hall [daughters school play was there - hollygirt] what a lovely building - even the new Harry Djangogly building next to it is in keeping. When you think of all the nice old buildings that they pull down its good to see this one still up

Just been there tonight in the founders hall [daughters school play was there - hollygirt] what a lovely building - even the new Harry Djangogly building next to it is in keeping. When you think of all the nice old buildings that they pull down its good to see this one still up

Sorry, know its slightly off track,but the last sentence has reminded me again of the gross stupidity of the Nottingham council in demolishing a magnificent Victorian building surrounded by acres of playing fields ,and a wonderful view of the Trent,i.e. Mundella (Grammar) School.

What great leaders Notts .has!

They allowed development of housing there. BackHanders?

My old School Trent Bridge remained standing for many years.

The monstrosity new block is probably still there?

The Boys High School!I attended there for several years in the early eighties.It didn't float my boat I'm afraid :( Never understood the importance of learning latin!!

Latin you say ?

Sumus semper im excretia solam profundum variat. Says I