Anyone here go to the Spiders community centre disco

on a friday nite in the late 60's/early 70's?

I remember going to the off licence and buying a litre of cider/strongbow which was drunk on the street first.

Same preparation before going in the Friary - was that on a thursday

nite?

I remember it, never went.

Wasnt it a Miners welfare?

I think I went to a Sunday dinner strip show there in the early 80s?

Ayup Gadge,

Yep I remember Spiders I think it was opposite St Francis church at the bottom of Southchurch drive,

Used to go in but soft drinks only

Rog

Spiders or Clifton Youth Club started at the side of the Co-op further up Southchurch Drive,in fact,the first club was the old Coop shed in about 1956/7

Sorry I am tghinking of a club at Basford a610 near broxtowe lane?

What was that?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

yes,spiders was at the shops further up s/church,it was where the petrol station was or still is and the co op, i used to live there instead of goin to compo,thats when it was at its best as they had live music,regards ken aka.Nod.good nights at winno too

The first youth club leader at Clifton in about 1956ish was a Mrs Machin,I think she was some relation to the Notts County director,then webby took over and it was run as a proper youth club.

I went there from its opening to when it moved to the new premises

• 1 year later...

Anybody remember Monty Hind youth club near The White Hart at Lenton? I recall going there when it opened, the guy who ran it was a biker and I think he died in an accident not long after.

Remember going to Monty Hinds club, with a gan of Mods on scooters, looking for trouble as usual, got more than we bargained for, lots of Greasers from the White Hart joined the melee.............................

• 6 years later...