• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The smell of cigars at Christmas............The men in my family only ever smoked cigars then......still reminds me of christmas when I smell one........Also the smell of boiled cabbage in carbonated

The smell in the air on November 6th every year of last night's fireworks. Loved it, very evocative.

DAVE48 - My dad always carved the meat, (can smell it now).....He was the head of the house, what he said was law............

The smell of pipe tobacco when we visited my great aunt and uncle, he hardly ever lit it but always had it in his mouth, cannot remember the brand of tobacco but not one of the mainstream varieties.

I hate smoking, but always remember that with a smile.

• Upvote 1

The smell of cigars at Christmas............The men in my family only ever smoked cigars then......still reminds me of christmas when I smell one........Also the smell of boiled cabbage in carbonated soda when I entered the kitchen, yuk............the smell of discinfectant when you passed the pubs on the way to school in the mornings from the cleaners scrubbing the steps............The smell of school dinners being delivered.........Sugar beet in the fields when we visited my grandparent's who lived in the Country, yuk, always made me feel sick............smoke from the trains, we had railway lines at the bottom of the terrace, .......these all bring back memories.................

• Upvote 3

The smell of those paper towels we had at junior school,brings back memories when I order them now for our welfare facilities at work,same smell but over 50 years later

Rog

The smell of witch hazel when your mam put some on the bruises you had acquired while out playing and the

Smell of the Sunday roast when it was first taken out of the oven to rest before carving.

• Upvote 1

The smell of pipe tobacco when we visited my great aunt and uncle, he hardly ever lit it but always had it in his mouth, cannot remember the brand of tobacco but not one of the mainstream varieties.

I hate smoking, but always remember that with a smile.

Probably "Clan" or Holland House" both had distinctive smells and not mainstream brands.

When I was at school they introduced the new Daimler buses to NCT. It would be about 1962. There was a distinctive smell about them and it has just assaulted my nostrils for the first time in many years. Funny how a smell can evoke strong memories.

DAVE48 - My dad always carved the meat, (can smell it now).....He was the head of the house, what he said was law............

• Upvote 2

First holiday in a caravan as a youngster.

The smell of the caravan gas lights mingled with the aroma of egg and bacon cooking.

Odd one this...... the smell of a brand new comic from the camp shop.

We used to live just above the Stoke Bardolph sewage settling ponds (Emerys Road), there could be a hum from there on occasion :wacko: Remember many a tomato plant popping up there also from time to time :P this would not be far from the railway sidings back of Netherfield, great playground for a youngster :biggrin:

I was at Chandos School at the time & the Cross Country we did always skirted these ponds, can't imaging that happening today, or the School visit to the Sewage Works themselves with the inevitable accident WTF! :ohmy:

Don't I know it I worked in Rectory Junctio Signal box(register lad) 1965/66 & the "pong" from various outlets in summer took some believing.........................................................................................................& the flies :bluespin04: :bluespin04: :bluespin04: :bluespin04:

• 4 years later...