Ayup all,

Just up from the Broad marsh on Canal street was a fishing tackle shop called Tom Watson, can any one remember them? for some reason I think I can remember them being somewhere near the junction of Mansfield road and Nottingham road as well or have I been dreaming

Rog

Tom Watson had a branch (Maybe still has) up in Sherwood near where the lido was/is. Great tackle shop, my dad swore by it (Bleddy, B*gger but no worse honest!!)

I used to like the one that went into the old Midland Bank premises on Radford Boulevard, near Ilkeston Road (I spent a fortune in there over the years and for the life of me can't remember their name.)

There used to be a tackle shop at the back of the co-op in Carrington, the buildings are in the process of being flattened,

2616084571_783732311c.jpg

Coming back towards the Great Central railway bridge there used to be a building at the side of Midland Magneto with some writing on the side saying "Beds 6d a night" does anyone remember that?

Rog

Coming back towards the Great Central railway bridge there used to be a building at the side of Midland Magneto with some writing on the side saying "Beds 6d a night" does anyone remember that?

Rog

Were the bedrooms ensuite ? (ha,ha)

Ayup Russ,

I dunno mate I never had the misfortune of staying there, I don't think they were in use in the 60s when I remember seeing the writing on that end wall

Rog

• 11 years later...

Ah ! That's why my Community Tax, or whatever they call it now has escalated dramatically !