• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean sure Bulwell is bad, but you act like all of the teenagers are the same and all of  the people are the same. Okay, yes there are a lot of teenagers who smoke or do drugs and are ignorant to the

Nobody had gone on it since 2013,,and i only noticed it the other day,when it was used again,or i would have complained before,,,just don't think its right for all the decent folk that live or come fr

Sad that,,could have been anywhere,, don't think we need Bulwell on here called Scum city" Admin could we change it please,,?

Posted Images

JuneTriptoengland144.jpgHaven't been on site for some time as l've been in California,for some reason l'm having a problem down loading photo's anyway this a photo of my old primary school Cantrill Road.I had a great teacher there her name was Miss Blatherwick.This photo l took last June.

Blenheim changed to Alderman Derbyshire, then River Leen, then pulled down and rebuilt and renamed Bulwell Academy. I don't think any other school has had so many changed!

Back in Nottingham for a couple of days, drove through Aspley (minver crescent) where I was born, could have cried at the way the estate is now, the neglect & general indifference was evident everywhere, only when i got on to Bells Lane, Broxtowe Lane & Aspley lane was there any sense of pride in the houses/gardens.

Who are these people that we're housing in what were once sought after estates, where most people strived to ensure the surroundings were treated with some respect......................I've got the rose tinted on again!!

• Upvote 1

Today I walked up from the city Derby road, through Canning Circus, down Alfreton Road, till I got to the top of Peveril Street and turned back.

Sad to say the area I grew up in has gone downhill badly. The pubs have closed down and at least two are now Chinese restaurants.

There are all kinds of ethnic restaurants, heaven for me until I notice there are no English menus?

• 2 weeks later...

I really miss the Concerned Resident and Flat Cap Driver, made me laugh, but tell you what went through Hucknall, Kirkby and Sutton today returned via Pinxton & Underwood, God it's like a war zone, hardly a shop or pub open, those that are are something like seen in a 3rd world country, can't we get a grant from likes of Libya or Ethiopia to do these places up? Seriously thinking of jumping ship, wheres best for still getting my pensions in a warm and cheap country?

I was in Kirkby, Underwood and Newstead last Saturday and concur.

Sad stuff. Proud former mining communities.

'I see no joy, I only see sorrow

I see no chance of your bright new tomorrow

So stand down Margaret'

Get rid of the scum that brought these people to this - before it's too late.

And yet still the new housing gets built? I say still, probably most been up years now but was amazed at how much new to me housing has gone up, seems every bit of land available is getting filled with new places to live? or work, the odd 3 or 4 of them in the standard grey tin boxes in each village's "industrial estate" a or brand new schools that'll remain standing for 20 years till they fall down, (Claremont building is still there, empty, but still there) is this country staying alive via stamp duty? lol or builders taxes etc. It'll probably keep going till every bit of land is built on then "they'll" say that's it, we,ve done it! then break it all up like a jigsaw and start again. I'm not clever enough to understand it all, and at 66 not interested but keep thinking if of someone has money in every room where they live, some in drawers, in a teapot, under the bed etc and keep moving it around, or get it all together the end result is no matter what they do it stays the same amount, they can't make it grow unless they sell something (or shock horror) get a job and bring money into the house and in my simple way of thinking isn't it same thing only vastly bigger etc with countries? if china were moving money around within it's borders would that have grown the same? Well at least for some because sad fact is not everybody can be rich, all the "peasants" in china can't become millionaires, they'll still live in their own scum cities where their boom fails, Maybe the world is meant to be like an bee or ant's nest? millions of worker with sweet FA and the queen lording over them, it's how the country got so good in Victorian era? Anyway I've a headache, wheres the vodka, I'm going back to bed

• Upvote 1

Nice post, Ashley.

Looking at ROT on Google now and remembering the wide open spaces around the village back in my days reminds you of a cancer spreading across the country side. There are now three houses on the block we lived at in Cliff Drive and the farm next door is now deemed an Estate.

Same thing is happening out here. Where once there used to be farmlands between the main metro suburbs and the outer reaches, there are now housing estates or industrial areas as far as the eye can see. Some estates are so compact that the houses have no garages or car ports at the side of the houses and the eaves of the houses are almost touching each other. The small size of the houses is something else to see.

In the not too distant future, the growth corridors of Melbourne are expected to extend 70-80 kms from the Melbourne CBD. That does not include the satellite cities of Melbourne which are also growing at the same pace. Sydney is just as bad.

A major issue resulting from this expansion is the loss of the market gardens and farms that have supplied fresh produce for the tables of Victorians for years. Traffic flow is another major issue that just gets worse every day. Inefficient or non-existent public transport facilities from the outer reaches.

Far sighted planning or just the ever present greed for the big dollar?

Pass me that bottle before you go to sleep please!

Hi Ash,

come on over here,inexpensive,warm,plenty of everything. You can still claim your pension.

The natives are friendly and speak English.

I think I am right in saying the cost of living is a third of the UK,at least.