• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean sure Bulwell is bad, but you act like all of the teenagers are the same and all of  the people are the same. Okay, yes there are a lot of teenagers who smoke or do drugs and are ignorant to the

Nobody had gone on it since 2013,,and i only noticed it the other day,when it was used again,or i would have complained before,,,just don't think its right for all the decent folk that live or come fr

Sad that,,could have been anywhere,, don't think we need Bulwell on here called Scum city" Admin could we change it please,,?

Posted Images

re photo of kiss gates, heard of it but no idea where it was? far as I know no photos exist of Bulwell Hall Halt on GCR? would like to be proved wrong! found site of it, odd remains of wooden platform though ,around 1962 dated a girl who's mother lived on cul de sac off longford crescent, GCR ran about 10 yds from the house and bedroom (slept on floor, well till mam went to bed,) was level with the tracks, what a racket all night!

It was nice to see the memorial stone for P.C. Ged Walker on RGR's photo (#152). P.C. Ged Walker suffered fatal injuries in 2003 as he tried to arrest a drug addict in a stolen taxi. He was a dog handler with the Nottinghamshire Police and every year since then, apart from this year due to the waterlogged field, there has been a dog show in his memory at West Park, Long Eaton, Nottingham. I have taken two Old English Sheepdogs to some of these shows over the years and was lucky enough to win some stuff. There is also dog handling displays by the Police and British Forces which are always good and there is always a very large crowd there.

I had not seen the pictures when I posted my last message so unaware of the memorial etc, ironically though yesyerday on local news did see that the man convicted of his manslaughter who got 13 years ( but was out of prison) got 30 months yesterday for attacking his girfriend

re photo of kiss gates, heard of it but no idea where it was? far as I know no photos exist of Bulwell Hall Halt on GCR? would like to be proved wrong! found site of it, odd remains of wooden platform though ,around 1962 dated a girl who's mother lived on cul de sac off longford crescent, GCR ran about 10 yds from the house and bedroom (slept on floor, well till mam went to bed,) was level with the tracks, what a racket all night!

Racket from the trains, Ash ?????????

3-27-2012_002.jpgCalifornia Girl on the Northern line near Kiss Gates.Dido's cave just to the North.Old 35 mm slide 1968.

I'm open to correction on this, but I believe the Kiss Gates can just be seen in the middle distance on the single line in this photo. http://www.rcts.org....=4&img=66-26-03 The railway cutting in RGR's photo is down in the bottom right of this photo

• Upvote 1

Oh dear. I'm afraid you're going to get a storm of people saying "You should never ever take pictures like that - not even if the signalman knows, and the line has been closed for 50 years and...and...and ten thousand other precautions have been taken. It'll encourage the youngsters to trespass, health and safety will have nightmares for weeks...."

02-10-2009030932PM_zps1fb9b645.jpgThe 92s or 9Fs were a Locomotive class that for nine years were an essential part of the old GC Line.Bulwell common Kiss Gates was a great place to see the Windcutters or Runners as they were called,thunder by as they raced south to Woodford from Annesley with there coal train.

The building on the right was the Westminster Bank, later NatWest, my first current account was there.

It was used by NCB No 6 Area to provide the cash for miners wages. The money was taken to the area offices at Bestwood to be made into pay packets for the miners and then taken to the pay offices at the pits, Baddington, Bestwood, Calverton, Clifton, Cotgrave, Gedling, Hucknall, Linby, Radford & Wollaton.

• 1 month later...

Sept2012UK039.jpgBulwell Main St Sep 2012,I heard on Radio Nottingham this morning that a couple from Ohio USA who just love the city of Nottm,but the wife especially fell in love with Bulwell Market.