• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean sure Bulwell is bad, but you act like all of the teenagers are the same and all of  the people are the same. Okay, yes there are a lot of teenagers who smoke or do drugs and are ignorant to the

Nobody had gone on it since 2013,,and i only noticed it the other day,when it was used again,or i would have complained before,,,just don't think its right for all the decent folk that live or come fr

Sad that,,could have been anywhere,, don't think we need Bulwell on here called Scum city" Admin could we change it please,,?

Posted Images

They may as well just let Tesco et al. just take over everywhere...

My moaning about this on other forums brings much criticism from many who like Tesco shopping.And yet these same people moan about the closed pubs and character of their home town being lost....you can't have both.

I hate what Tesco are doing. None of the other supermarket chains are exactly the Little Sisters of the Poor but that chain seems particularly invasive.

They give people little choice. Our small local shops are closed down and demolished and replaced by,,,small Tesco stores. The consumer has an obvious part to play in this though.

In a half radius of where I live there used to be a post office, three chip shops, a chemist, a barber, four newsagents, a sweetshop, a hardware store and two grocers. Now there's a Sainsbury's.

I will only use Tescos under protest after our previously mentioned treatment by their "Customer Care" people. And I'm glad to say that we still only have one of their 'express' shops in Winsford and it's nowhere near me either!

incedentally , I don't know if you folks know this as it's altered slightly , but of all the household income in this country 1 pound in every 6 is now spent in Tescos !!!

The heavy irony is that all of our small shops disappeared...and are now being replaced by Tesco Expresses et al.

I once went into a Tesco Express to buy a bar of soap. They don't appear to even stock such an elementary items.

Hate the places, hate the self service tills particularly which I expressly refuse to use in any store, no matter how long the queue is. Don't get me started on queues/checkouts closed.

I usually end up with a member of staff coming over to help me with those bleddy tills!

And the ticket machine at the station, I have sworn at a few times as well.

The first time I used one I ended up buying a single instead of a return (10p cheaper!)

Ended up buying another single to get back (£3.50!)

It would seem that poohbear is probably correct in his comment about,people using cars.

Tesco, are on the move to 'own' the high streets every where,there is no going back to the way it was.

Their method of trading,build everywhere,include everything,huge car parks,and,'the people will come'.

We have WalMart stores over here,that are massive stores.You can buy everything you need, leave your car to be serviced while you shop,on the way out of the parking lot you can fill up with petrol.

Went into an 'Express' store a while back and took six scones to the till...."Where's your butter?"..."We don't stock butter...no call for it nowadays"....."In that case you can keep your soddin' scones" :)

COSTCO are trying to get a foothold here.

I use them in the US, Pile it high and sell it cheap.

But its not so cheap here - Why?

Members of the public cant join, unless they are a business, vicar solicitor or member of the police.

Therefore few customers when you go in, and unlike the US people don't come out with trolleys piled high.

Why cant Costco accept anyone as a customer... Because local businesses objected to them!

I wonder who those local businesses are?

Been to the Costco at Derby and wasn't that impressed. Many things are no cheaper, some even a little more expensive. I'm used to going to them in Canada where they are well worth a visit.

JuneTriptoengland157-1.jpgParked at the parking lot at the new Tesco's in Bulwell this past Tuesday as l had to pick up some jute Tesco shopping bags for gifts as they have become the in thing to have the ones with the red lady bugs on so we parked there and headed up to the market to do some shopping still a few bargains to be found surprisingly had a milky coffee where the tudor buildings are and the jet set hang out.Mother didn't really want to go to Bulwell but once there she enjoyed the day,then we headed out to Underwood to the Hole in the Wall pub for a meal at there carvery 3.99 what a great meal.Cosco have a great care rental site we had a new Camaro for 225dollars for nine days.Here in Canada there are no restrictions anyone can join but we still prefer the small mom& pop stores.

Good to see 'colonic irrigation' is all the rage in Bul'ell, .................................... :blush:

• Upvote 2

Re Costco, my inlaws used to treat us to membership every Christmas but I'm sure it was about 25 quid !( With SWMBO being a Nurse we can join) I found loads of eveyday stuff a lot cheaper than Morrisons, especially my cooking acutriments, (Seasonings , parmesan, etc) toilet rolls, Kitchen rolls, baby wipes (Not that we need them anymore) and tissuses were miles cheaper buying in bulk, although you need to have a big house to store it all !!

We stopped going as I always got lumbered with paying for it .They don't take credit cards , only debit cards, and SWMBO never (conveniently), had enough money in her current account to cover it. I'd come out with some printer paper for the PC that had cost me over 200 quid !!

As you can tell we always came out with a trolley full (Only way to get your 25 quid membership fee back IMHO) But now (Tight git that I am,) I just ask the inlaws to pick us up the odd bits and bobs that we need. Saves me a ruddy fortune !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...