Well done Moz, had a great time at the Newmarket on Friday with you and lots of really lovely people, including a few other Nottstalgians.  Your monthly photos give a lasting memory to us old Dungeon regulars, the music and atmosphere were fabulous too.  Looking forward to seeing you again soon. 

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...
  • Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Yesterday morning on the early breakfast programme a couple of Nottstalgians were interviewed talking about the Dungeon Club and the Mods.  Moz and Vintage Ann along with Alan Fletcher who was involved in the Quadrophenia film talked for a few minutes about the brilliant mid-60s era, the Dungeon, music, fashions etc.   I’ve had to catch it on iPlayer as it was broadcast too early for me :biggrin:

If any old Mods are interested it’s on the 6-9am show, 17th June 2019 starting  1 hr 50 mins in.  To be honest it’s disappointing because it hardly touches the surface of how exciting it was to be a (Mod) teenager in the mid 60s. 

• Upvote 1

Great days, so innocent and groundbreaking. Fantastic groups/ singers. Smart fashions too. Those heady days will never be bettered.

1 minute ago, FLY2 said:

Great days, so innocent and groundbreaking. Fantastic groups/ singers. Smart fashions too. Those heady days will never be bettered.

Wonderful and exciting times.  Shame it came at the time I was supposed to be studying for my ‘O’ Levels, but I have no regrets, I have wonderful memories of those days. 

• Upvote 1

Rod Stewart, The Who, Kinks, Georgie Fame, a host of soul and  blues singers..... Oh and Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch ! LOL

2 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Rod Stewart, The Who, Kinks, Georgie Fame, a host of soul and  blues singers..... Oh and Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch ! LOL

And less than 10 bob to get in.   (Mind you, I was working all day Saturday for a pound) The Who, Small Faces and Wilson Pickett were the acts I’m pleased to have seen but there were so many more and the great thing is that I can turn the radio on and hear these artists 55 years on and many are still performing live to boost their pensions, like Sir Rod who I saw at the Arena a couple of weeks ago.  Love him still !!

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...