The trip to Nottingham

So, I booked into the George Hotel - a finme establishment in it's day, but it's main adavantage to me was two nights in a double room, with full -on (and very good) breakfast for £64 quid.

I'm sure that there used to be a downstairs bar - sort of where 'Cows' is now. Does anyone remember?

Across the street was a little Thai restaurant - and a brilliant little resturant too - loverly grub!

But - if any of you happento be old hippies - whatever happened to the mushroom bookshop - I think it was still there in '84 - but when did it close?

I remember the George, this old bag in the bar downstairs thought she owned the place, I told her to wind her kneck in and I got barred, not bothered, thats what I thought..lots more boozers to go at !

LMAO i remember her.... I THINK her name was Mary......not sure........but she used to crack me up!!... She's been ther sooo long she probably DID own the place. What a character. The don't make em like that any more. Probably a good thing I hear some of you say. ROTF !rotfl!

I remember the bar and the person you're referring to - sort of beehive hairstyle? I'm pretty certain there was an article in the Post or Bygones recently.

I remember the bar and the person you're referring to - sort of beehive hairstyle? I'm pretty certain there was an article in the Post or Bygones recently.

Yup...beehive hairstyle...Sorry I missed the POst article........damnit