The lovely Mrs Frank made me some real Nottingham snap tonight -mmmmm............

What are you eating and what is your favourite?

Cheese 'n Tata Pie

DSC_0036.jpg

Lovely.............

DSC_0040.jpg

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Home alone tea ........ Dinner for one .... Me favourite   

Personally I would leave the lid intact before I chucked it in the bin. 

Favourite ?? Fillet steak and the trimmings.

Tonight Faggots and Mushy Peas,,,,,,,,, Larverly!!!!!!!!!

Last night was "Italian" chiken kabobs with pesto pasta salad - very tasty!

My all time favorite is good old Steak & Kidney pie with chips and peas! Unfortunately, totally unobtainable on this side of the pond, and getting scarce in England too!

On one remarkable trip back home I managed S&K pie at least once/day everyday I was there - and twice on several days - wonderful!

!englandflag!

• 11 years later...

Come on RR ! Where's the HP sauce ? :hungr:

We don't carry HP!

The middle toast topping was a slice of hot & spicy cheddar & few splashes of Lea & Perrins, we never got free school dinners & my Mam could not pay for them, so we had to go home for dinner, we never had time to take our shoes off so she left us carrier bags to put over our muddy shoes, we had beans on toast, sometimes hoops every day & she did put them on the gas ring until we got to the back door & they where on the table within minutes?    

• Like 3

Worcester sauce (Lee & Perrins) is more-or-less the same as HP sauce but thinner.

Not fer ya dinner but a photo of the rapper that was in the concert in the village last night.He's on tour.but don't ask me his name.

IMG-2759.jpg

IMG-3608.jpg

IMG-3610.jpg

Excess eggs so made a flan with courgettes , carrots and corn. I was given 3.5 kg of grapes this morning hence the grape tart. Quick lunch.

7 hours ago, jonab said:

You'd think that 'rapper' would be able to afford some new trousers (or even jeans).

My thoughts exactly Jonab but happened to see a scrap of tv this afternoon. Jovanotti ( Lorenzo Cheribini ) was in concert ( in Italy concerts are everywhere in the summer always in the open ) But back to what I was saying, Jovanotti was dressed in an attire that I would have felt embarrassed to pop in the clothes bins.  Baggy trousers at half mast , red socks slid down baggy mac and a sort of hat on his head. He's a scruff unkempt hair and beard but the fans were unbelievable.  To each his own I suppose.

• 1 year later...

Saw about 5000 of those in Aldi the other day RR, they must have bought a container load.  How was it?  Those Fray Bentos pies are handy to keep in stock, but I’ve never seen this version before. 

• Like 1

Does the pie ever look like the picture?  when I've finished preparing one it's only edible if you close your eyes...     :sorry:

• Like 1

Haven't had one of those pies for decades.. though I did enjoy them.  They fall into a small and special group of tinned foods which are the veritable personification of 'comfort' food.. for me.

I mean.. who doesn't like Tinned Stewed Steak with chips and tinned peas or carrots?  Who hasn't opened a can of Stewed Steak, chucked a couple of tablespoonfuls of cheap curry powder in and served it up with Uncle Ben's pre cooked rice as a 'cheat's curry'?  Come on!! Own up!!!

What's wrong with Heinz Baked Beans and Pork Sausages?  Surely a superbly balanced yet convenient meal.

I also like various canned versions of Chilli Con Carne.  Often with Rice, but when I'm feeling expecially health conscious..I'll have them with a pile of Cauliflower.  I'm no Philistine!!

Sadly.. Crispy Pancakes seem to have disappeared..  No wonder we have a diet and obesity crisis...

44 minutes ago, annswabey said:

The only preparation is removing the lid!

A bit of heat also tends to improve them.. :cool:

Weren't/are they canned in Argentina?

Neighbour gave me a tin about two years ago, ok as a one off and free I ate it.

Heinz baked beans & sausages..I have my moments.

Anybody recall Heinz baked beans with mini burgers? I  liked them, haven't been around for years.

Had Korean River Cobbler & chips, with  bachelor's mushys tonight, delicious!