Like to keep throwing them in their Beekay. That’s a John Torode recipe

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Home alone tea ........ Dinner for one .... Me favourite   

Personally I would leave the lid intact before I chucked it in the bin. 

It’s intriguing why certain condiments and sauces go with certain dishes and not with others.

Apple sauce with pork

Mint sauce with lamb

Horseradish sauce with beef

French mustard with steak

English mustard with chicken

HP sauce with sausages

Hollandaise sauce with salmon

Worcestershire sauce with a fry up

None of the above are readily interchangeable and wouldn’t taste right - unless someone out there disagrees!

As a matter of interest, because my wife will be out tonight, I’m having chicken fried in batter with sweet and sour sauce tonight. (Waitrose Chinese ready meal!)

Having been away for most of February I went out on Saturday for a very big shop as there was little in the fridge, other than a few bits of cheese left over from Christmas.  I needed,  but couldn’t buy, everything.  No eggs and no salad stuff.  However this morning I went to Arnold Sainsburys and they were well stocked with all I wanted.  Delighted to say I don’t need to shop again for at least a week and the chef has a choice of what to cook us for dinner tonight. 

6 hours ago, philmayfield said:

None of the above are readily interchangeable and wouldn’t taste right - unless someone out there disagrees!

I can only disagree with two of your culinary pairs Phil.

Chicken and English mustard, I wonder who thought of that? I like satay sauce with my chicken. Hot English is for good pork pies, if you can find one.

It can only ever be HP sauce with a fry-up. Worcester sauce is reserved for stir fries and stews but most importantly oysters Kilpatrick with crispy bacon pieces with several glasses of sauvignon blanc.

22 hours ago, philmayfield said:

....and here I'm thinking you had vegemite on everything! :biggrin:

The only thing that vegemite is good for is for putting in the dust caps of the wheels on your trailer.

Disgusting stuff