Please try to keep quoted text to a minimum.

Using quoted text is a good way of informing readers of an earlier post upon which you are commenting.

There should be no reason to quote the previous or recent post, as the reader has probably just read these.

In quoting previous posts please do not repeat the whole of the post but cut it down to the

lines to which you are referring.

Reason: Nottstalgia runs on a database which has to be backed up.

Once it get to a certain size, it cannot be restored, and has to be cut down in size.

Therefore repeated unnecessary text adds to the database and increases its size.

Please keep it down to a minimum

Thanks

Mick

• Upvote 1
  • 5 weeks later...

As this request is being ignored by a few members on a regular basis, despite their posts being visibly edited with the

reason given for edit. I have no option but to suspend posting privileges for a period of 24 hours for those who fill our

database with unnecessary quotes.

Use the t_reply.gif Not the p_quote.gif Button!

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can make these instructions any simpler, please send me a PM!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I have spent some time this morning editing out overquoting or quoting the previous post.

24 hour suspensions are being used from today.

Please quote only posts from further back the thread, and then sparingly so that readers can see the previous part of the post to which you refer.

• Upvote 1

1 member has been suspended today for 24 hours.

I am getting a little pi$$ed off with asking for complience with this simple request.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

Members are reminded to please keep quotes to a minimum.

If not done so read this thread from the beginning.

If your a posting privileges have been temporarily suspended, this is the reason.

Newer members will get leeway. Established members should already know.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...