Are you a Lurker Reading this?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can see ya, even logged in invisible? I CAN STILL SEEYA! What's Up Post summat here? Look daahn the bottom right... Theres a button (No, not this one, it Dun't Wok!) Furver dahn... See_it?

Nope, I'm not a lurker - just a retired Nottinghamian now living in Raunds, Northants. I joined the forum because in lurking (!) I noticed the post by Tom Barber and felt I ought to contribute somet

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all !

I worked for j b Armstrong from 1961 when I was 15 at hounds gate Nottingham we moved to Norton street radford then

To ilkeston.

We must have worked together

I have sent you a PM..............

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bungled my way across this web site and as am now of an age when looking back is sometimes more appealing than the present thought I'd give it a go. Born 1952, Peas Hill Rd, St Annes. Shelton Street Infants school. Moved to Long Eaton 1959 but will always be a Nottingham lad.

Now all I have to do is find out how to post something in the bus stations section. Is that how it works???

Welcome Bloo, you will probably know several members here who were brought up round that area.

And myself and Eric 'Limey' who have Long Eaton Connections.

You should be able to post relevant material in any area, you will find much interest in transport here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya, me name is Peter, prefer to be called chippy, born in Ethel Grove, Netherfield in 1947, Joined the Army in 1964, demobbed in 1990. Lived in Cyprus for 14 years, married a Canadian lady and moved there in 2010. Spending 2 years here in Anguilla then back to PEI, Canada. If anyone knows me give us a nod, bye for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. this is my first post. No doubt I'll get the hang of it before to long. I am Nottingham born and bred as they say. I have my mother staying over here from Australia she's 87 and also Nottingham born and bred. As is the case when my mother visits the uk we get to talking about old times reminiscing I think its called. Some might say boring. I don't, so thats why I'm here. I visited your site a couple of years ago and enjoyed the posts about Basford town and the rememberances of that area, I was mostly dragged up on Whitechapel street from the age of 4 till aged 13 when I moved to Clifton. I was actually born at my grandmothers house at 1 High street Terrace, Basford road, (formally High Street. Just around the corner from the Newcastle Arms pub on nuthall Road. We had an allotment on Bar Lane where we kept chickens. I still keep in touch with a few people in Whitemoor Estate and indeed will be seeing some of them soon. I am 66 years old and have moved around a bit since those early days. I am now at Cropwell Bishop Nottingham enjoying having my mother over again. hope that says a little for an introduction...paul

• Upvote 3

hellothere Hi Paul, welcome to 'Nottstalgia'; your introduction to the site reads very interesting: I am the same age as you and know well the Aspley area that you speak of (Nuthall Road and Bar Lane) - remember 'Piggy's Yard' at the side of Breffitt's garage?

PS: Keep posting, we're very friendly on this site. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Welcome back Paul.

I bet Mum knows some pretty interesting stuff.

& dont forget there is a site Meet up pending some time late'ish October :)

I must have walked past your grandmother's house many a time, I used to catch the 22 from Amesbury Circus to the Newcastle Arms, then walk along High Street to my grandma's in Marlow Avenue, and aunt's on Bailey Street. I remember the rows of cottages on the left, and a corner shop not far along from the pub.

• Upvote 1

hellothere Hi Paul, welcome to 'Nottstalgia'; your introduction to the site reads very interesting: I am the same age as you and know well the Aspley area that you speak of (Nuthall Road and Bar Lane) - remember 'Piggy's Yard' at the side of Breffitt's garage?

PS: Keep posting, we're very friendly on this site. :biggrin:

Remember Piggy's Yard very well, specially the aroma......................................as you went through the alleyway leading to Melbourne Park

HEY UP PETE

HAD NOT REALIZED YOU WERE ON HERE TOO MUST HAVE MISSED YOUR POST WHEN IT CAME ON WELCOME ABOARD MY FAVORITE FORUM YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS I AM SURE ANOTHER NEVOITE ETHEL GROVE NO 14

BABS

WELCOME PAUL

WE LOVE TO HEAR OTHER PEOPLES MEMORIS ON ERE IF YOU GET CHANCE TAPE SOME OF YOUR MUMS MEMORIES WHEN YOU ARE REMENISING AS WELL AS A RECORDING OF YOUR MUMS VOICE IT WILL ALSO REMIND YOU OF STUFF IN THE YEARS TO COME

BABS

Re #72 - Yep, we called it Piggy Lane - but I well remember walking up there and then over the railway lines on Melbourne Park. Also remember walking to Whitemoor when I first started school - down Aslockton Drive, along Nuthall Road to the Newcastle Arms, then up High Street and Hayling Drive.

Oh, and by the way - welcome Paul. Let's hear some more...