Are you a Lurker Reading this?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can see ya, even logged in invisible? I CAN STILL SEEYA! What's Up Post summat here? Look daahn the bottom right... Theres a button (No, not this one, it Dun't Wok!) Furver dahn... See_it?

Nope, I'm not a lurker - just a retired Nottinghamian now living in Raunds, Northants. I joined the forum because in lurking (!) I noticed the post by Tom Barber and felt I ought to contribute somet

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all !

• 4 months later...

Ayup!

I may or may not be in the right place...I live in Finland, but in the future I may find myself living in Nottingham :)

Am dating a guy from Notts. I've visited three times so far and plan to spend a lot of time there.

I joined this site hoping to learn about Nottingham and make friends.

A warm welcome to you both. Some good topics on the go here.

• 5 weeks later...

HI MARILEE YOU COULD NOT HAVE CHOSEN A BETTER PLACE THAN NOTTINGHAM FOR MAKING FRIENDS AND OF COUSE ON NOTTSTALGIA SITE TELLUS A BIT MORE ABIT MORE ABOUT YOURSELF YOUR AGE YOUR LIKES AND DISLIKES WHEN YOUR READY AND IM SURE THERE WILL BE PEOPLE ON HERE WHO CAN POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

BABS

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi everybody. I'm hoping this will end up in the right place as have some difficulty with the site - more likely as a result of me being techno thick !!

My name is Chris, born 55 and from the Bread & Lard Island - the Lady Bay area..

Attended Lady Bay infants/juniors and then Henry Mellish Grammar 1966/73.

Moved away to Lincs for a number of years and pitched up back in Nottingham/Arnold in 1987.

Would love to hear from members who remember the Lady Bay & Testmatch pubs 1971 - 1979 - the Slipper and Boat clubs around early 70's and general chit chat about the 'lost' Bridgford.

Still getting the hang of the site so please bear with!!

Chris

• Upvote 2

Welcome Chris :)

Look forward to hearing from you.

I was DJ at The Dancing Slipper at the time you mention.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Just found your site today, its great. My wife Valerie Allsop, she was known as Janet at Margaret Glen Bott School in 1957 because there were two Valerie Allsops in the same year, her sister Sandra, was in the year above. The Allsops lived in Miall Street in Radford. Dad, Ken & Mum Edna.

We have spent the afternoon laughing at the stories of the locals around Radford and she recalls many landmarks, Unfortunately not many names rings her bells so if anyone remembers Val ( Janet), please shout up.

We're now retired in Sutton on Sea.

• 1 year later...

Nope, I'm not a lurker - just a retired Nottinghamian now living in Raunds, Northants.

I joined the forum because in lurking (!) I noticed the post by Tom Barber and felt I ought to contribute something!

I was born in Borrowash, Derbyshire in 1936: went to West Bridgford High School on Musters Road, and most of my father's eleven brother's and sisters, lived and worked in Nottingham.

Since my sister's death in Nottingham in 2008/9 I have only been back to the place once - which is a shame because I understand it's changed out of all recognition now! Trams even.....

I remember my mother taking me to see the Houses of Parliament and all I was interested in was a tram going over Westminster Bridge.....she was not impressed.

Only one claim to fame - I worked as Advertising Manager at "The Raleigh" from 1967 to 1972 and the last thing I did was all the promotional stuff for the Raleigh Chopper! Dear old Allan Oakley's gone now - but he was great guy.

Oh and I support Derby County.........

• Upvote 4