Are you a Lurker Reading this?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can see ya, even logged in invisible? I CAN STILL SEEYA! What's Up Post summat here? Look daahn the bottom right... Theres a button (No, not this one, it Dun't Wok!) Furver dahn... See_it?

Nope, I'm not a lurker - just a retired Nottinghamian now living in Raunds, Northants. I joined the forum because in lurking (!) I noticed the post by Tom Barber and felt I ought to contribute somet

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all !

A Derby County supporter eh! ........ Wait for it !

Well done Dave, that's the way to do it.

• Upvote 2

Sorry about the last bit Nottstalgia - but what else can you do when your Dad is made a director in 1948?

I used to sit directly behind Cloughie (for the short time he was there) and one thing's for sure - you keep your trap shut! Newly purchased Roy Macfarland from Tranmere had a bad habit of air kicking clearances from the penalty area: trouble was, I said "Oh Roy!!!" through clenched teeth and an explosion took place in front of me as Cloughie told me exactly what he thought of my comment, and ended with "You wanna go out there and shows him how it's done? Got some spare kit that'd be too big for you! Just say the word."

And sat down again to much laughter while I tried to find somewhere to hide.

Great guy, though.

• 11 months later...

Hi all

I'm another one who stumbled across this site whilst searching for old photos of Carrington.

Born in '52, lived on Hucknall Road almost opposite Hamilton Road, went to Claremont Primary on Claremont Road.

I've got lots of memories of places and names from then but the're fetting vague and need refreshing.

Help please!!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

A warm welcome to you Fternolad. I'm certain you'll find much of interest on here.

• 1 year later...

Hi,  I think I might be on the wrong page to say hello to all, but here I am anyway.

I came across your site by accident when looking up my great grandfathers profession of Coal Mining Hewer in Radford. Family lived in Radford location for many generations. I was born on Garfield Road and lived on Charlbury Road in early life and started school on Harrow Road. I'm the last generation of my family born in Radford 1967. I'm doing family history research and it brings back where i'm from & memories. I live in rural Wales these days. Thanks for having me.

• Like 3

Welcome Garfield, I'm sure someone with mining interests, and knowledge of the Garfield Rd / Charlbury Rd areas will reply, as there's tremendous and widespread memories posted on here.

• Like 1

Garfield, there's a poorly produced book called "Radford, The Bread and Herring Pit" Poorly produced meaning photocopied pages, old style, but well worth reading if you want to know what life was like in Radford for a miner and his family in the late 1800's through the 20th century. One of the lads here emailed a copy to me, but I'm sure if you ask someone they will get a copy from the Council House for you. The author, probably long gone by now, worked at Radford and spent most of his life working there, was invited to throw the first shovel of dirt down the shaft after it's closure.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I must admit 

I joined 10 years ago then promptly forgot about you soz

im retired now and like most oldies feeling nosty for the old days

seems my post didn’t get any reaction. Was the title bit too erm.......?

help need to find my old mates  

thanks

L