It's because there is a lot more to come!!!!!!!!!!

We don't have to crow over one win

When our once proud nation finishes higher than Australia on the medal table again!!!

And you laughed at me.

I prefer the official table that puts us way ahead of Australia

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the Australian men did not do as well as the women,but the GB team have a much better T&F team so should pull ahead.

Either way the Chinese are looking like winners.

Like I said "Lots more to come"

And the Chinese are only the winners until the new drug test comes in!!

It was just nice to see (AS WAS PREDICTED BY YOURS TRULY AND MOST OF THE U.K.) that we finished way above Australia.

smile2abouttime !bravo! !cheers!

Strange how a speeling herror hallways luks wurse in 6 fut kapitals...

Cheers

Robt P.

No E in truly, even I the number one mistake maker nose that.

Bip.

What spelling mistake?.........................LOL

But it's nice of you both to point out ones falibles ,I only hope I can help you both in your future endevours.

What spelling mistake?.........................LOL

But it's nice of you both to point out ones falibles ,I only hope I can help you both in your future endevours.

Yer reaaly got me this time ,Beefy.

Without putting to fine a point on it,and keeping to the `cutting edge' of comment,did you mean `foible'. (1 : the part of a sword or foil blade between the middle and point ,or perhaps,.

2 : a minor flaw or shortcoming in character or behavior)

Or maybe you meant that you were `fallible'?(1 : liable to be erroneous <a fallible generalization>

2 : capable of making a mistake ),which would certainly be the case in suggesting" that we finished way above Australia"if the following table is to be believed.(One medal difference `way above'?)

From what I understand most of the GB medals came from people sitting on their a888es( cycling,rowing,canoeing,sailing etc.) Or maybe it proves your black population is up there with the best.

"But it's nice of you both to point out ones falibles" Maybe you mean `failings'? That is correct with your observation that GB is way ahead.Roll on the Ashes.

Best of luck with your `endevours',may you have more success with your endeavors.

transitive verb

1archaic : to strive to achieve or reach

2: to attempt (as the fulfillment of an obligation) by exertion of effort <endeavors to finish the race>

(or perhaps you prefer the British variant,endeavours?)

4 Britain 19 13 15 47

5 Australia 14 15 17 46

Sorry to pull your leg ,Beefy, but as one who failed Ingliz Lingwidge mizrablee ut skule`roll on London' .

Don't care ..we kicked your bum....LOL

As for that age old Aussie excuse about sitting on our asses to win ..MMMMMMMMMMMM.... Lets think !! Christine Ohurougo.......... runner....... 1 gold... Rebbeca Addlington......swimming .....2 golds........James Degale....boxer ........1 gold

Can't see any of them sitting on their, asses can you?? And thats before we start on our unexpected track and field results (High jump etc)

Oh and by the way The medal table has always been presented this way, meaning we still kicked your bum

But don't roll on the ashes cos we're poo

See you in the footie World cup (IF we make it )

Ner ner ne ner ner.....And don't tell me i've spelt that wrong. cos i fayed inglish literayture and langwage, so there Aussie Crims etc etc etc

2000 ...................Sydney.............Cathy Freeman...........I seem to rememeber a nations hopes pinned on this one!!

And your lot can only swim cos of all the Sharks and Crocs!!

2000 ...................Sydney.............Cathy Freeman...........I seem to rememeber a nations hopes pinned on this one!!

And your lot can only swim cos of all the Sharks and Crocs!!

Too right,Beefy, -but our lady of colour had a heritage in Australia going back 40,000 years!

Ayup Bazza,

I don't have a problem with Mr Concerned, Being born and bought up in Nottingham I am used to people saying things how they are and not beating around the bush. I now live in Lincolnshire and believe me they don't like straight talking out here, and if there's nowt in it for them they would'nt pi$$ on you if you were on fire, There's nowt like good honest Notts folk That's what I say

Rog

Yeah!!!!!!

although only 13 of them were obtained by England !bravo!

Baz :ph34r:

And to add insult to injury to Bazza and Stan , Thats why we are team Great Britain and not team England

How many actual Australians won golds this time?? (I can't remember seeing an Aboriginal person on the rostrum)

(WE still kicked your bum)

!jumping!

Oh and to Bazza WHO'S DOING THE WHINGING ?

And to add insult to injury to Bazza and Stan , Thats why we are team Great Britain and not team England

How many actual Australians won golds this time?? (I can't remember seeing an Aboriginal person on the rostrum)

(WE still kicked your bum)

!jumping!

Oh and to Bazza WHO'S DOING THE WHINGING ?

I suppose when your England team is too weak to stand alone you have to be team GB!

Take away the following and you will see where England lies in the table,BENEATH Australia.

WICK, GLAMORGAN: Nicole Cooke, cycling - road race

Cooke was born in Swansea and is now based largely in Switzerland, but she grew up in the village of Wick.

WELSH bu tbasedin Switzerland.

EDINBURGH: Chris Hoy, cycling - men's team sprint, men's sprint and men's keirin

3 Golds.

Scotland's most successful Olympian Chris Hoy is a native of capital city Edinburgh and his first bike was a BMX bought in a jumble sale in the city.

CARDIFF: Geraint Thomas, cycling - men's team pursuit

The Welsh quarter of Britain's record-shattering pursuit team was born and bred in Cardiff

COEDPOETH, WREXHAM: Tom James, rowing - men's four

Oh and if we want indigenous only competitors, how about

NAILSWORTH, GLOUCESTERSHIRE: Peter Reed, rowing - men's four

Reed was born in the US city of Seattle but grew up in Nailsworth, where his mother Sue was mayor.

MAIDA VALE, WEST LONDON: Bradley Wiggins, cycling - men's team pursuit and men's individual pursuit

Wiggins, who has raced to gold at two consecutive Olympics, was born in the Belgian city of Ghent,

That`s what I reckon! !raise!