I can't stand it anymore!The coverage of the Olympics here in the US is nothing short of a brain washing excerise!

It sucks and blows!

I only get to see coverage of US teams and athletes,you would be led to believe that there are no other worthy nations taking part!

At least you guys in the UK get to see the whole picture,the other teams and 'foreign' athletes doing their 'thing'For example,if the US team or athletes are ousted in a semi,poof,no finals coverage of that event??Let's just pretend it didn't happen and move on!

The commentary is so dismissive of any other nation,it is embarrassing.:(

Unfortunately,not one of my American friends see's any problem with the coverage.I think I'm going to go and hide in a small cupboard until it's all over.LOL

Rant over.

Go Team Great Britain!YAY!

Going to bed now

I will be up in 4 hours for unbiased coverage (go Felps on your record attempt) I only want to see the U.K. beat Australia at everything..........LOL .........as if

Going to bed now

I will be up in 4 hours for unbiased coverage (go Felps on your record attempt) I only want to see the U.K. beat Australia at everything..........LOL .........as if

Roll on the Ashes ,eh, Beefy!

How about this one?

The sporting spat between Britain and Australia plumbed new and comical depths yesterday as the most senior Australian Olympic official accused British athletes of lacking personal hygiene.

After Rebecca Adlington's 400m freestyle gold set the tone for Britain in the pool here, John Coates, the head of the Australian Olympic Committee and an International Olympic Committee member since 2001, was asked for his thoughts. "It's not bad for a country that has no swimming pools and very little soap," he said.

Some astute observations by Giles Smith, the Times TV Sport columnist, on the usual patronising BBC coverage:

"...Because it was China, the BBC drafted Huw Edwards, the newscaster, and Carrie Gracie, a China correspondent, to help out the sports department's Hazel Irvine with the opening ceremony's political context. The thinking seeming to be that, when Huw read from the programme about “harmony between man and nature” and said things like, “It's very cleverly done”, it would bear an altogether more convincing weight of authority than when, say, Barry Davies used to do it. We're not sure. But it did allow everyone to get involved in lots of news studio-style name-checking, “Well, Huw.” “As you say, Carrie.” “That's right, Hazel.” They seem to be planning to use Sir Steve Redgrave and Michael Johnson for the actual athletics. But surely the complexity cries out for Gavin Esler and Anna Ford..."

"...The rain fell hard enough in China yesterday that it washed out the archery and the rowing for a while before mustering the cruellest blow of all and springing a leak over Hazel Irvine in the BBC's Beijing studio. For a few moments, it looked like Gloucestershire in there, with the alarming prospect dawning that the place would soon be up to its white sofa cushions in flood water.But, of course, it's at moments of adversity such as this that true character shines through. Did the Olympic Breakfast team throw up their hands and howl? No. They put something under the drips. And not for the Beijing Olympics a saucepan or grimy washing-up bowl. Rather, a fetching, bright purple, designer waste-paper basket. Now, it's perfectly possible that the BBC packed such an item, just on the off chance. After all, it was only a couple of months ago, during Euro 2008, that a BBC studio in Vienna was hit by an electrical storm so violent that it briefly threatened to make Alan Shearer come alive. With the global climate in turmoil, our sports presenters and pundits in the field have never been more in need of protection..."

"...But any sense of contrivance eluded Hugh Porter, in the [cycling] commentary box, who was rendered elliptical with enthusiasm by Cooke's achievement (“Let me tell you, Hazel, I'm getting very excited here. And why am I getting excited? Let me tell you ...”). Porter almost lost it on the final bend (“Cooke has lost contact! Cooke has lost contact!”), but clung on to his handlebars to produce a small but memorable “Barry Davies and the Germans” moment, admitting that he didn't see whether or not the Italian girl finished third, “But does it matter?”

Porter's fun was in stark contrast with Eddie Butler, a rugby commentator who, in the great Olympics hat-dip, has drawn the piece of folded paper marked “archery” and doesn't seem too chuffed about it. Certainly keeping an accurate count of the arrows was challenging Butler yesterday and when the weather closed in around the targets, the lugubrious Welshman sounded as if it was raining in his soul. Or certainly down the back of his trousers. Think of it as darts, maybe, Eddie, albeit without the physical element of going to retrieve the darts from the board. It certainly helps for me..."

"...But then, of course, the great lesson of any Olympics is that it's amazing what you can get tense about, given enough exposure to it - even archery. This time, though, there is clearly, for some observers, a layer of political resistance to overcome. One notes that the cynic's default position on the opening ceremony, for example, has been to smile darkly and point out that no allusion was made to events in Tiananmen Square in 1989. People making this point then tend to sit back with a look on their faces, roughly designed to suggest, “Ha! You don't fool me, China.” But where, exactly, in the show would these objectors have liked Tiananmen Square to have been mentioned? Before or after the drumming gymnasts? More importantly, what kind of nation would mark a moment as dark as that one in pageant form during the opening ceremony for a globally televised sports event? A nation, I would hazard, that one would do well to be extremely suspicious of - even more suspicious than one is of China..."

Cheers

Robt P.

It is actually a fact that the city of Boston ,in the good old USof A , has more Olympic size (50 metre) pools than the whole of the U.K. put together

...I only get to see coverage of US teams and athletes,you would be led to believe that there are no other worthy nations taking part!...

One (perhaps the only) advantage of living near Detroit - we also live near Canada, so we get a couple of Canadian TV stations, including the one carrying the Olympics. Much better, more even, coverage, and less hype than the US stations!

No, I think you are thinking of Xenophobia,

We now have freeview and the BBC have 4 separate channels showing all nations in all sports ,(I saw a bit of womens beach volley ball this morning ,Cor!!!!!!!!!!!)

No, I think you are thinking of Xenophobia,

We now have freeview and the BBC have 4 separate channels showing all nations in all sports ,(I saw a bit of womens beach volley ball this morning ,Cor!!!!!!!!!!!)

I seem to remember reading that the Beach Volleyball Federation have very strict rules about the MAXIMUM size for the ladies' bikinis.

Do you think they've got any jobs going for someone with his own tape measure?

I must have missed the volly ball while out shopping in Asda this morning....is it repeted later tonight lets say eleven thirty-ish?

Bip.

I must have missed the volly ball while out shopping in Asda this morning....is it repeted later tonight lets say eleven thirty-ish?

Bip.

You DIRTY old man -

P.S.

Wot channels it on?????

Less of the old Frank....thanks!

anyroadup you are as old as the one you're feeling and I'm feeling thirteen years younger.

still didn't catch the vollyball....dam!

Bip.