Local girl 'Done Good'

Well done to Rebecca Adlington (From Mansfield) on becoming only the third British athelete since the war to win two Gold medals at one Olympics.

(It should have been three but the swimming team bosses decided to rest her for the relay,(In their infinate wisdom) and we failed to qualify!!)

I hear that they are going to rename her local baths after her

WELL DONE REBECCA !!!

!clapping! !clapping! !clapping! !clapping! !clapping!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently her 'advisers' are loathe for her to endorse the pub re-naming...

Yates's on Leeming street apparently...a mixture of Beirut and Basra on a Saturday night.

Wonder how long before the London gutter press begins digging for dirt?

All part of their usual build 'em up then knock 'em down strategy.

Cheers

Robt P.

Ayup all,

Did anyone see Miss Adlington on the Charlotte Church show last night? I must say I was a bit shocked by her bad language, I know Miss Church swears a bit but why does it have to rub off on her guests? Perhaps I'm getting old but with the world at her feet and the respect of all the kids in this country its a shame to swear like that on national TV, Miss Church is guilty of the same thing, she is now some one for the youngsters to look upto and she lets herself down with foul language, is it any wonder the kids today use bad language as a matter of course.

Any way just wanted to get that bit off me chest, she did do well though and good luck to her

Rog

I was watching "Mock the Week" last night (And before any one says it, I know the clue is in the title!) But So called Scottish comedian Frankie Boyle started taking the p155 out of her looks .................................................................. Listen Frankie you Ain't an oil painting your self pal !!!!!!

Did anyone see Miss Adlington on the Charlotte Church show last night? I must say I was a bit shocked by her bad language...

Sorry to admit that I saw this tripe, purporting to be entertainment...

Offering some mitigation, she had clearly been 'set up' - primarily by the 3rd rate comic alongside feeding the filth for her to react upon - which was blatantly planned in advance.

Was tempted to switch off when she was carried in on a dais, by 4 jockstraps...I should have known better.

Trust her phantom 'advisers' (whoever they may be) get her future mapped out much better than this diabolical first 'show biz' venture.

Cheers

Robt P.

• 11 years later...