Online groceries...

Having been without transport for some months now, and no longer being the tuned athlete - that nobody remembers - I've been obliged to sample the dubious pleasures of online shopping for my groceries.

IMO, the best available (by a country mile) is ASDA - the much vaunted Tesco and Sainsbury's came nowhere!

Great shame for me that my all-time favourite supermarket (by another country mile) Morrisons, seemingly has no intention of jumping on the delivery truck...rather deterred by 98p per tin - plus delivery - for Heinz beans...from Harrod's :crazy:

Even more of a shame that I'm writing about my shopping - something I thought that I'd never, ever, do...but that's how it get's you when confined to barracks!

Any other views on the strange world of internet groceries?

Cheers

Robt P.

Never had the pleasure of doing it Rob.

Mrs Frank is still fit enough to visit said emporiums while I am out earning a meagre crust after Mr Brown has taken his rather large share of my hard earned.

Still, I did manage to pop into T*s*o tonight to pick up a delightful, if over priced, Anniversary card for Mrs Frank and a nice bottle of Berringer Sparkling Rose (one of her favourites) to enjoy with our celebratory supper.

Any other views on the strange world of internet groceries?

Yeah!...alongside the credit card and zero parking (Supermarkets have plenty) It's putting us small retailers out of business.

Paul.

I am surprised it has never caught on over here. A couple of the larger supermarkets have tried, but it never seemed to catch-on. Possibly because Americans never had the luxury of the order boy delivering their groceries on a bicycle (Mary still can't get her head around that one).

I thought that, by now, some enterprising chap would have setup an online grocery business in the same style as Amazon - a huge warehouse (strategically located), with automatic picking robots (easy to do with most groceries). Pack it up and ship overnight! Put money in bank, buy Aston Martin, retire to the Bahamas!

The simple answer to your question Rob is no I haven’t used that service yet but I think it’s a good idea if one has a computer and is unable to get out for whatever reason.

But I do find the Internet pickers in Asda a little annoying, they will park their picking trolleys at the end of the isle and obstruct ones progress from one isle to the next.

Glad to hear you find Asda the pick of the bunch for home deliveries.

I wonder if Robindok is still delivering for Tesco?

Bip.

I wonder if Robindok is still delivering for Tesco?

Now there is a question - whatever happened to Robindok?