She Just Faded Away. Name Her.

B) I was surfing the net as you do looking for answers to the quiz's that people post on some of the better web sites and came across this Young lady.

B) I had forgotten her but the Nosttstalgia came flooding back as soon as i heard her music again..............can you name her........she is still alive and well, and living in Kensington west London.....

post-9-1108638337_thumb.jpg

:D Spot on Tutanic & Mick, Kathy Kirby, what a voice she has.

:o I had completely forgotten about her, how could i have.... :angry:

B) Use the link to her web site and download the small flash player and listen to 12 of her songs, There just great to listen to again, and again and again. Book mark the player and keep them forever on your computor, i have and i can't stop playing them ar Nottstalgia..... :rolleyes:

Kathys Site Link..

post-9-1108671532_thumb.jpg

The only thing I can say about Kathy Kirby is Vaseline!!

She had a good voice though & she was a sex symbol when I was a kid.

It comes to us all. Take my advice, don't join the OAP club....its not what its cracked up to be!!! Mind you, you can get away with all sorts of things but I won't go into that in such a public place.

A :P

This OAP lark sounds ok. Don't think we get much here,a free train ticket once a year is all if i'm not mistaken. Mind you I have a while to go so I won't start worrying yet <_<

Talking of kathy Kirby, I can hear her voice now, she had a very strong sound I remember? I think she had a song called Let Me go didn't she??

• 5 years later...

Kathy kirby has a nottingham conection her brother was a teacher at sgeggby hall school he always used to wear multy coulored sleevless jumpers made by his mother and kathy would come to the school open gala days saw her a couple of times in the sixties when my younger brother was there he would not go to school when he was young and was sent there it was an approved school at the time.Came home knowing more than he ever did when he whent there and was always in trouble all through his teensbut did get better in the end.

• 5 months later...

Kathy was a sight for a young boy's sore eyes. Watching her on the box taught be a lot about male chemistry!

She was streets ahead of Sabrina but perhaps I was too young to appreciate her. Now, Jayne Mansfield was another to hold a lad's attention.

Edit:

Believe me, I don't trawl gay websites but a Google search brought up this little gem. It has a bit of biography but take a look at the clip form the Eurovision Song Contest 1965.

http://www.astabgay.com/Gay_Icons/kathy.htm

Just watch that Youtube clip again and concur with one of the comments below it.

Britain's most underrated and overlooked female singer.

She was ripped off by her manager and ended up bankrupt.

Now lives quietly alone in Hammersmith, West London.

Ridiculous that modern mediocrities like Dido are millionaires

when all she can do is twitter like a schoolgirl into a close microphone.

• 1 year later...

Just like Nou Camp Stadium, in Barcelona, thats a perfect pitch also.................