Central TV series 'Boon'

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies for being over 15 years late to the party,  but glad to be here finally and in a position to contribute.   The large country house you refer to would either have been Flintham Hall

Nice of you to drop in TNisT. It's always interesting to find someone who can provide information and fill in gaps in knowledge.   Out of curiosity, how did you come to find Nottstalgia and

Posted Images

Just added another picture from Boon to my online album.Link below.

Picture of gatehouse/lodge at 'Woodcote Park' location,near to house along tree lined driveway,any ideas ?.

I have ruled out all of the following as locations for the filming of 'Woodcote Park' ;

Ruddington Hall,Tollerton Hall,Colwick Hall,Langar Hall,Rempstone Hall,Lockington Hall,Locko Hall,Hopwell Hall,Flintham Hall,Syerston Hall,Kingston Hall,Stanford Hall,Upton Hall,Staunton Hall,Strelley Hall,Annesley Hall,Sutton Bonnington Hall,Kelham Hall,Car Colston Manor,Draycott House,Thrumpton Hall,Bunny Hall,Holme Pierrepont Hall,Ockbrook Grange,Bestwood Lodge,Langford Hall,Winthorpe Hall,Long Whatton House,Nanpantan House,Elvaston Castle,Foremark Hall and Staunton Harold Hall !!!!.

My wife thinks that I am barmy trying to locate the house,but even she agrees ,being a Nottingham lass,that all the other filming locations in Notts are easily recognisable but not 'Woodcote park'.I am begining to wonder if it is even around Notts/Derby/Leics at all.I would have thought it would be though as all the other filming is and it wouldn't make sense to travel a long way to one of the main locations from Lenton Lane studios.

Does anyone think that a big posh house like this could have even have been demolished in the twenty years since Boon was filmed ?,or maybe had houses built around it ?. Boon Woodcote Park photos

I was looking at a web site by Martin Underwood f9.co.uk/boon, he seems to think Woodcote Park was near Spondon.

I used to work for Carlton TV on Lenton lane but was working on a kids show called Out of Sight. All the filming was within 5 miles of Lenton Lane.

Den.

I was looking at a web site by Martin Underwood f9.co.uk/boon, he seems to think Woodcote Park was near Spondon.

I used to work for Carlton TV on Lenton lane but was working on a kids show called Out of Sight. All the filming was within 5 miles of Lenton Lane.

Den.

I 've seen the website you mentioned,it's very comprehensive with the locations but vague about 'Woodcote Park'.I emailed Martin Underwood to see if he had any clues to the location but I never got a reply.

In the 1989 series of Boon the furthest away location from Lenton Lane seems to be Mountsorrel quarry near Loughborough,about 15 or 20 miles and only in one episode.I reckon it wouldn't make sense for Woodcote Park to be further away than that,especially when it was the main location.It would be daft to move production from Birmingham to Nottingham and then go miles and miles away to film,wouldn't it ?.

I know that in 1985 the main location for the series of Auf Weidersehen Pet was Beesthorpe Hall near Caunton ,north of Newark,about 15 or so miles away.Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks Den

Then Maybe this is it?

http://maps.live.com/#JmV4cGxvcmU9c3N0LjMm...zcxJmx2bD0xOQ==

Though the building is not Locko Hall.?

I know the scouts and guides had camp here?

Had a look,very similar,with the trees,driveway and parkland but on the photo the house is three storeys high and 'Woodcote' is only two.Thanks to everyone for their help and continuing interest.

I have started looking on Google earth at Derbys.,Lincs.,East Staffs and further down into Leics but no luck yet.Wife and daughter think I am getting dafter each week !!!.

http://maps.live.com has a very nice birds eye view feature.

http://maps.google.com/ has a steet level view as if you were driving down the street, you can look round at buildings etc

(mostly US at this time)

Yes,the birds eye view is very good,its helped me rule out several locations that looked like they could be 'Woodcote Park' from the map but with the birds eye view you can see they are totally different houses.

I never did get a reply from ITV,,,,,,, or even an acknowledgement.

I don't s'pose anyone else has either,,,, or it would have been on here,,,,,, mind you, between the lot of you, you've just about covered every hall / manor / mansion around.

You'll get there in the end,,,,, good luck.

Baz

I never did get a reply from ITV,,,,,,, or even an acknowledgement.

I don't s'pose anyone else has either,,,, or it would have been on here,,,,,, mind you, between the lot of you, you've just about covered every hall / manor / mansion around.

You'll get there in the end,,,,, good luck.

Baz

Thanks for that,I never got a reply from ITV or the Nottingham Evening Post either.Rude if you ask me,even if they can't help they could at least say so.

came up with this today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.imdb.com/List?endings=on&&a...20England,%20UK

probably lists every place in notts,derby etc,,,, except Woodcote.

Makes good reading all the same - am looking up a couple of the places mentioned,,,,,,,,,

It is good reading,looked on imdb before but never found that page!!.Its odd that the listing for the episode 'Don't buy from me Argentina' doesn't give the location for Woodcote because most of that episode was filmed there.There seems to be some kind of strange cover-up about the location,god knows why though.I wonder if whoever owned the house didn't want the publicity ?,or maybe it isn't anywhere near to Notts and for some reason Central TV didn't want to let on ?.I still reckon it must be within 20 miles of Nottingham though,probably somewhere to the south of the city.

In all of the scenes filmed there the camera never pulls back to a wide shot so you can't get a real idea of the area around the house,I reckon this was done to make it hard to locate.

Trying to get hold of Neil Morrisey as we speak , he is a bloody nice bloke (Or was when I met him 20 odd years ago) and I'm sure if any one can tell you he will.

It is good reading,looked on imdb before but never found that page!!.Its odd that the listing for the episode 'Don't buy from me Argentina' doesn't give the location for Woodcote because most of that episode was filmed there.There seems to be some kind of strange cover-up about the location,god knows why though.I wonder if whoever owned the house didn't want the publicity ?,or maybe it isn't anywhere near to Notts and for some reason Central TV didn't want to let on ?.I still reckon it must be within 20 miles of Nottingham though,probably somewhere to the south of the city.

In all of the scenes filmed there the camera never pulls back to a wide shot so you can't get a real idea of the area around the house,I reckon this was done to make it hard to locate.

I followed up about 15 of the places mentioned,,,,,,, even one just called 'School Lane',,,,,, but to no avail. Lots of them 'look' likely to begin with,,,,,

,,,,, can't give up now,,,,,,,

I am still waiting on Morriseys management

But aint this great how we're all pitching in for something as silly as this .....Keep up the good work !bravo!

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Central TV series 'Boon'