Central TV series 'Boon'

I've received an e mail from Esta Charkham. According to some sources she produced series 4 and so would be ideally positioned to reveal the location of Woodcote Park. Unfortunately Esta left at the end of series 3.

Nevertheless Esta has said that she will try to ascertain the location of the mysterious Woodcote Park.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies for being over 15 years late to the party,  but glad to be here finally and in a position to contribute.   The large country house you refer to would either have been Flintham Hall

Nice of you to drop in TNisT. It's always interesting to find someone who can provide information and fill in gaps in knowledge.   Out of curiosity, how did you come to find Nottstalgia and

Posted Images

Thanks Beefsteak,Bazzer and Bamber.Its really good of you to help and show so much interest.I know its a silly thing to find the location but when we all know the area pretty well it has become quite a mystery as to where it is.I've got a funny feeling that when we find out the real location we are going to be surprised(or perhaps not!).

I've noticed in the episode 'Don't buy from me Argentina' they use a horsebox/livestock transporter and the company name on the cab door is 'Elvin',you can't quite read the address but it looks like a village name and then 'Nottm'.Looked in a 1989/90 Yellow pages but no listing with that name,googled it but no trace and no-one I know recalls it.It could be fictitious but often the vehicles hired in for filming have real company names on them.

Another key point is the deer-proof fencing in and around the grounds of Woodcote Park.

Also the distinctive gas lamps that line the driveway.House also seems to have different building styles,some windows don't match.Looks like it could be a really old hall with a Victorian extension built on.Lots of chimney stacks .Large Pine trees and ornamental gardens and hedges seen in some episodes.Still think when I turn the TV sound right up that I can hear the hum of traffic on a busy road,like a dual carriageway,on some scenes at Woodcote.

Some more locations that aren't Woodcote........Morley Hall,Broomfield Hall,Radbourne Hall,Breadsall Priory,Upton Hall and Melbourne Hall.

Or Babbington Hall,Winkburn Hall,Quorn House,Ratcliffe on the Wreake Hall,Walton on the Wolds Manor,Brooksby Hall,Old Dalby Hall ,Beaumanor Hall,Swithland Hall,Strancliffe Hall (Barrow on Soar),Quorn Hall,Queniborough Hall,Gaddesby Hall or Shelton Hall.

Mmm this has got me stumped.

I contacted the actress who played the hotel receptionsist at Woodcote Park and she couldn't remember the location.

At the moment that leaves only one shot in my locker. A request to East Midlands Media's locations manager to see if he has the country house on his database.

After that there is no alternative but a phone call to Radio Nottingham's afternoon show - if they still have one.

Its getting beyond a joke now !.I would never have realised something that seemed so easy to find out would become so mysterious!.You would almost think everyone connected with Woodcote had taken an oath of secrecy !!!.

Put the question on a couple of TV forums ,weeks ago,but had no replies at all.

Radio Nottingham sounds a good idea.

I've been looking at maps and Google earth for most of the East Midlands and right across to Birmingham and up to Sheffield but no luck .

Looked at the episodes I've recorded for clues over and over again but nothing really stands out apart from what we've already noticed,must be missing something but I just don't know what.

I still haven't heard back from Neil Morriseys representatives, but I will give them another jog

"...Some more locations that it isn't are ; Ragdale Hall,Ashe Hall (Derby),Thurlestone Grange and Hexgreave Hall ,Morley Hall,Broomfield Hall,Radbourne Hall,Breadsall Priory,Upton Hall and Melbourne Hall. Or Allestree Hall,Grace Dieu Manor or Swithland Hall. Or Babbington Hall,Winkburn Hall,Quorn House,Ratcliffe on the Wreake Hall,Walton on the Wolds Manor,Brooksby Hall,Old Dalby Hall ,Beaumanor Hall,Swithland Hall,Strancliffe Hall (Barrow on Soar),Quorn Hall,Queniborough Hall,Gaddesby Hall or Shelton Hall, Kirklington Hall,Papplewick Hall or East Stoke Hall..."

Is that (h)all?

Cheers

Robt P.

Bingo!

I have tracked down one of the series's directors and all things being equal I'll have the answer to the question by tomorrow lunchtime.

Stay tuned to this channel for an important announcement. Do not adjust your set. !clapping!

Still awaing a reply from said director. But, just in case this line of attack doesn't yield a result, what would be really handy is a copy of the production credits from the end of the programme.

Contacting the stars makes less sense than, say, the location manager: whom one can safely assume doesn't receive fan mail.

Here is a list of some of the production credits from the episode 'All in a days Pork'....

Director....Frank W Smith

Producer....Michelle Buck

Executive Producer....Ted childs

Associate Producer....Simon Lewis

Location Manager....Tony Clarkson

Production buyer....Ted High

Local casting....Sue Holloway

Continuity....Vicky Roberts

Cameraman....John Duffy

Sound Director....Paul Bennett

Designer....Richard Booth

Editor....John Hawkins

Production Secretary....Katie Davenport

Assistant Cameraman....Chris Payne

Construction Manager....John Kirsop

Sound Assistant....Peter Dyson

Production Assistant....Susan Foreman

1st Assistant Director....Richard Jones

2nd " " " ....Andy Stenning

3rd " " " ....Will Davies

Avocet

The architecture of Elvaston castle doesn't fit.

In an interview form 1999 Michael Elphick mentions that the location might be just off the left hand side of the main road to Newark. That would fit the background noise of traffic.

If you go to 52 56 00.11 North / 1 00 01.32 West on Google Earth you'll find a large country house that might fit the bill. Its just off the A46 at Cropwell Butler and just a few hundred yards down the road there is a golf course. A golf course attached to Woodcote Park featured in one of the episodes.

LOOKS PROMISING

Cropwell Court - Open Garden

Large garden with mature herbaceous borders and sunken box garden. Walled kitchen and herb garden with greenhouse. New area started in 2006, work still ongoing. Re-furbished Victorian greenhouse. Well-manicured lawns. Parkland with mature trees and small wild flower area. Garden for all seasons. Reed beds

Cropwell Court, Cropwell Butler Nottinghamshire NG12 2LZ

Wed 25 Jun 08 - Admission £5 (to include tea & home-made cake or glass of wine & canapés,) Children free Open for charity.4-9

Yes that would fit the description,but unfortunately its not Woodcote.I used to live near to it and used to take my wife to work past it every day.I think its called 'The Grove',similar in style but smaller than Woodcote.There used to be Highland Cattle in the grounds !.

I mentioned a livestock lorry in a previous post with the name 'Elvin' on the door,I now think the address reads 'East Leake,Nottingham',doesn't help much but you never know.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Central TV series 'Boon'