Central TV series 'Boon'

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies for being over 15 years late to the party,  but glad to be here finally and in a position to contribute.   The large country house you refer to would either have been Flintham Hall

Nice of you to drop in TNisT. It's always interesting to find someone who can provide information and fill in gaps in knowledge.   Out of curiosity, how did you come to find Nottstalgia and

Posted Images

No,don't think its Woodcote.My wife agrees.She used to travel past it a lot.Don't remember it being called Cropwell Court though.Didn't use to have a golf course,used to be farm land.Again similar building style to Woodcote.Makes me think even more that Woodcote is somewhere south of the city between the Vale of Belvoir and Derby.

After a long google trawl for agent/management details for David Daker (didn't find any) found reference to Boon on an obscure TV website.

It stated, 'Woodcote Park is a country house near Nottingham'.............................very helpful.

After a long google trawl for agent/management details for David Daker (didn't find any) found reference to Boon on an obscure TV website.

It stated, 'Woodcote Park is a country house near Nottingham'.............................very helpful.

David Daker

CAROL MARTIN PERSONAL MANAGEMENT

19 Highgate West Hill, London N6 6NP

Telephone: 020-8348 0847

Fax: 020-8340 4868

E-mail: carolmartin*talktalk.net

Yes, Woodcote has Lodge at the end of quite a short driveway that leads to the main doorway to the house.In one episode you see Harry Crawford's car drive in past the lodge and round to the house,all in one shot and the driveway is not very long and curves round,lined with trees.The driveway then opens out in front of the house for parking and then continues to curve away through the grounds/parkland and away presumably past the stable block seen sometimes and out onto a road through the unusual red/white barrier seen in a couple of episodes.

The lodge at Woodcote has an unusual style of overhanging roof and stone gate pillars but no gates.

There is a photo of it that I uploaded to my web album.

Cropwell Court has two lodges at the gate and are of a different style and the house is smaller than Woodcote.We used to live at Bingham,when Boon was being filmed around Nottingham,and we often went past Cropwell Court down the road to Radcliffe to avoid the traffic jams on the A52,to get my wife to work in West Bridgford.Cropwell court was ,I think, being renovated in the early 90's.

After looking at dozens of the country houses on google earth I reckon most of the main entrances/fronts face roughly East or South so that would put the main lodge for Woodcote to the North East or East.

Bamber,thanks for the David Daker details,you're more competent at internet searches than me !.Don't know if its worth contacting him or not,you have tried with Neil Morrissey and not had much luck.

Sorry for the over long post................................Woodcote lodge !yada!

In case no one else has - I dropped a line to Mr Dakers Agent yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In my opinion, Cropwell Court is nothing like Woodcote.

a) the chimneys are completely wrong,,,

b) the 'bay' windows/roofing is wrong,,,

c) there is a veranda on W.Hall - not at C.Court.

Did anyone pick up on my previous thread (page 4) - the item over the shoulder of David & Co:

",,,, might be nothing,,,, but,,,,, 3:10 into "Boon - Walking Off Air 4" what's that across the lawn over their shoulders ?

seems a bit 'shiney' for a bush,,,,,,, might be a recognisable sculpture or sommat ?? "

Baz

The new pictures are very helpful. A peacock is part of the coat of arms of one of the local landed families. Judging by the extent of Woodcote Park's grounds I'd be more inclined to look towards the Dukeries rather than the south of the county.

Woodcote PARK

Put a few more photos online,lodge ,other driveway,stables etc......Woodcote views
HI Avocet You have put alot of time and effort into this it as been bugging me for years. I Micheal Elphick at a hotel one morning in wilford we had a little chat about how is BSA caught fire whilst filming. He was being towed at the time of filming.His reply to me was it was frightening. One of the member of the site mentioned various locations for Woodcote park & a School lane . The school lane in a recent episode was at Colston Bassett , Harry went into a post office i think , now a delicatessen. keep up the good work Chubby

Hello Chubby,thanks for that.A lot of people on this forum are trying really hard to find the real location of Woodcote,I'm more determined than ever to find it now,becoming quite a mystery !.

I bet it was good to meet Michael Elphick, a lot of people say he was a nice bloke.

Recalling what Michael Elphick said about the A46 Newark-bound, and arising from a conversation today with a friend who is familiar with Kneeton village plus my own suspicion of a property near Flintham, I'll try to get a lift over that way next week. Currently without wheels, so it might take a few days to organise transport.

Cheers

Robt P.

Recalling what Michael Elphick said about the A46 Newark-bound, and arising from a conversation today with a friend who is familiar with Kneeton village plus my own suspicion of a property near Flintham, I'll try to get a lift over that way next week. Currently without wheels, so it might take a few days to organise transport.

Cheers

Robt P.

Are you thinking of the big place off Main Street in Flintham? If so, I don't think the layout fits. I know things can change over a couple of decades but Woodcote Park has lawns that come all the way upto the terraced area.

At least I got a reply from Miss Martin,

Hope thats not as far as it goes !

Dear Baz

I have forwarded your request to David Daker and will let you know if he has any information to offer you.

Best wishes -

Carol Martin

Who would have thought this could be so difficult. It's like looking for the Turpitz in the Norwegian fjords.

I have made contact with both the location manager and one of the directors of the Woodcote Park episodes. So, so if they get back to me, I would expect them to come up with the goods.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Central TV series 'Boon'