Central TV series 'Boon'

mick2me,

I've got a few more unknown locations from Boon if everyone is still up for the challenge,something to do now the nights are drawing in !.I reckon these could be real stinkers to find.

Should I start a new thread or carry this one on ?

Rog,

I will be having a look at Barnby Manor tomorrow,what sort of time will you be there ?

Avocet

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies for being over 15 years late to the party,  but glad to be here finally and in a position to contribute.   The large country house you refer to would either have been Flintham Hall

Nice of you to drop in TNisT. It's always interesting to find someone who can provide information and fill in gaps in knowledge.   Out of curiosity, how did you come to find Nottstalgia and

Posted Images

THRUMPTON HALL:

Our school used to have Camping weeks there.

None swimmers piched their tents right back in the fields,,,, whilst swimmers could pitch their tents between the river & the lake.

I was supposed to receive some 'bravery' award,,,,, cos 3 times in a week, I jumped into the river to aid others,,,,, either boats or people,,,,

One time someone was caught under the mainsail of the upturned G.P boat & was about to drown,,,,, but magnany-mouse Baz saved the day - again.

Someone from the 'Post came along to interview me,,,, but now't came of it.

Hello,I wonder if anyone can help me with finding a location that has bugged me for ages.In series 4 of the Central ITV programme 'Boon' all of the filming was done on location in and around Nottingham in 1989.There is one filming location that I just cannot find .I am trying to find the large country house that was used as the hotel known as 'Woodcote Park'.The name used was not its real name and it might not have been a real hotel.It was a large,two storey house built of stone and brick ,probably Victorian and set in extensive grounds and woodland.On watching scenes filmed there you can sometimes hear quite loud traffic noise ,like a dual carriageway or perhaps a motorway.I have been told it could be between Nottingham and Derby or Loughborough or Mansfield ! but I cannot find any house remotely like it.

Thanks,Avocet.

I think you'll find that Hagnook Lodge was the location. It is situated at the junction of the A60/B6009 (the Larch Farm junction),approx.quarter of a mile north of Newstead Abbey gates.

I think you'll find that Hagnook Lodge was the location. It is situated at the junction of the A60/B6009 (the Larch Farm junction),approx.quarter of a mile north of Newstead Abbey gates.

Don't Tell them that Nah! :tongue:

Ayup all,

Just got back from Barnby Manor after meeting Avocet and Bamber, took a couple of pics so I hope Beefsteak can put them on the site for us, really good to meet two very friendly and as expected genuine Notts folk

cheers

Rog

I second that Rog,really nice to meet you and Bamber.

I can confirm that Barnby Manor is the location,had our photo taken next to the red/white lifting barrier next to the lodge on the long driveway to the stable block and house,the one with Neil Morrissey on his motorbike in my Woodcote Views.We could glimpse the house through the trees and the gate lodge with the unusual roof is the one from Boon and is next to the A17.

We also had the location confirmed as Woodcote Park in Boon by two gentlemen who came from the Barnby Manor in a Land Rover.

Avocet

Rog,

After what you said this morning about a possible suicide at Barnby Manor I found this..........

'British television presenter TIM HADCOCK-MACKAY has committed suicide in the grounds of his 19th century manor home. His body was found last week (29JUL06) in woodland near Barnby Moor Hall, Retford ,Nottinghamshire, the home he shared with boyfriend TORQUIL MACKENZIE-BUIST. The 43-year-old business expert presented shows DITCH THE DAY JOB and TIME TO GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER, but two months ago his marketing company went bust with debts of more than $1.8 million (GBP1 million). Before turning to TV presenting Hadcock-MACkay made a fortune starting a chain of hotels. He recently finished filming a new series, MAYHEM IN THE MANOR, in which he and MACkenzie-Buist turned their home into a hotel.'

I wondered if this was the one you thinking about ?

I cant download the pics to Nottstalgia as they are read only zipped files. try again Rog send them in two separate emails , and I'll have another go.

Ian

Ayup Avocet,

The post mistress is sure it's the Barnby manor we saw today,(part of her area) as I said earlier it looks like I'm going to get the story in installments but when It gets to the juicy bits I will post on here

Rog

Bamber and Avocet with the barrier. Plantfit was shy!!

Barnbymanor.jpg

The gate

Barnbymanor1.jpg

Still don't know why they couldn't sneak through the woods for a better picture (Surely the golf course allows public access .Hint Hint

Ayup Beefsteak,

The golf club is about 1/4 mile from the manor with a lane between the two, however I said I will go back in a few weeks when the leaves have fell off the trees and sneak a photo through there, should be a snip, after all the pics I've had from some of the military establishments in the area, if you know what I mean?

Thanks for putting the pics on

Cheers

Rog

Rog,After what you said this morning about a possible suicide at Barnby Manor I found this..........

'British television presenter TIM HADCOCK-MACKAY has committed suicide in the grounds of his 19th century manor home. His body was found last week (29JUL06) in woodland near Barnby Moor Hall, Retford ,Nottinghamshire...

Different Barnby...Barnby Moor is north of Retford, just below Blyth - between the A1 & A634...

Cheers

Robt P.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Central TV series 'Boon'