Central TV series 'Boon'

hi all, my brother worked for a chauffeur company based in bulwell that had the contract for central tv. he did a lot of work on boon as the unit car, he probably wont be able to help as he is rather unwell and can hardly speak, but there is a chauffeur company of the same name now based in kimberley. if its the same firm the owner is a guy called mike. he may be able to help you

Fairfax Chauffeur Cars

40 High Street

Kimberley

Nottingham

NG162LS

Telephone:01159785848

hope this may help

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies for being over 15 years late to the party,  but glad to be here finally and in a position to contribute.   The large country house you refer to would either have been Flintham Hall

Nice of you to drop in TNisT. It's always interesting to find someone who can provide information and fill in gaps in knowledge.   Out of curiosity, how did you come to find Nottstalgia and

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,I wonder if anyone can help me with finding a location that has bugged me for ages.In series 4 of the Central ITV programme 'Boon' all of the filming was done on location in and around Nottingham in 1989.There is one filming location that I just cannot find .I am trying to find the large country house that was used as the hotel known as 'Woodcote Park'.The name used was not its real name and it might not have been a real hotel.It was a large,two storey house built of stone and brick ,probably Victorian and set in extensive grounds and woodland.On watching scenes filmed there you can sometimes hear quite loud traffic noise ,like a dual carriageway or perhaps a motorway.I have been told it could be between Nottingham and Derby or Loughborough or Mansfield ! but I cannot find any house remotely like it.

Thanks,Avocet.

Hi I worked on this the house was Barnby Hall on the A17 just outside Newark opposite the beckingham shooting range. hope this helps M

Thanks for that Miffy (And welcome by the way) we did find it a few pages ago, but thanks for your input .

Barnby.jpg

Ayup Avocet,

Not a brilliant picture I agree but the closest I could get without trespassing, picture took about 20mtrs to the left of the gate house on Barnby lane

Rog

Hello Rog,Merry Christmas,

Thanks for the photo,it's very difficult to get a good view of the house through the trees without trespassing and without looking like you are up to no good !.It's no wonder we couldn't find the house in the first place !.

Avocet

• 3 weeks later...

From the NEP:

THE Nottingham and Beeston Canal features in a British Waterways map of the country's most iconic film and TV locations.

Nottingham filmmaker Shane Meadows' hard-hitting movie 'This is England,' features scenes on the canal as it passes through Dunkirk.

The map also details locations from TV comedy drama Boon, starring Michael Elphick, and Neil Morrissey which was filmed in Nottingham between 1989 and 1992. The programme used a number of locations along the same canal and the River Trent, including Trent Lane Basin, Colwick, and the Victoria Embankment.

The map can be viewed at www.waterscape.com/filmmap.

• 3 weeks later...
Barnby.jpg

Ayup Avocet,

Not a brilliant picture I agree but the closest I could get without trespassing, picture took about 20mtrs to the left of the gate house on Barnby lane

Rog

And obviously taken on an automatic digital camera, as its focused on the tree in front of you, as opposed to the house in the distance, otherwise, its a decent enough pic.

You're quite right Craig, not had it that long and I must admit to being a lazy sod and not reading the instruction so just settled for "auto". I'll get me bike out next week if the snow has cleared and try again with the camera on another setting.

Rog

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi All

Sorry another Boon location , trying to work out the location of this pond of boon series 4 , video clip link below in 3 parts of the pond on the video, not an easy one to locate I think thought maybe Pinders Ponds at West Bridgford the Hook way near the Trent.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/burtkt/media/boonpond.mp4.html

Hi

Thanks for the replies , I know Martin's Pond and is too big, Wollaton Park would fall into the same group, on the short open shot of the video the character from Boon is walking through a field to the pond.

Kind Regards

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Central TV series 'Boon'