I came across this forum while looking for info on Peggers Inn, liked what I saw and so joined-up

I was born down south but moved to Arnold in about 1970 when I was 2 and have lived here ever since. My mum is an Arnold lass born and bred and I've been able to trace her family back to Framework Knitters working in Arnold and Calverton in the early 1800s

I've just started a new web site (link in the sig) which is a personal exploration of the sights and history of our fair city so no doubt I'll be asking lots of questions :)

Anyway, nice to be here - see yer soon

Ayup t'owd lad, glad yer found us!

Very interesting site there Adam

I also enjoyed exploring the link to Nottingham 21 . There are a lot of pictures connected with recently discussed topics on here

I love the bit about "The Duke of Newcastles Tunnel" , and no, I was totally unaware of it's existance

http://www.nottingham21.co.uk/Index.htm

I've just started a new web site (link in the sig) which is a personal exploration of the sights and history of our fair city so no doubt I'll be asking lots of questions :)

Good new site, wish you success with it.

Nottingham 21 is also very comprehensive and with a constantly growing selection of excellent photos - and information about the city.

Could also try my own site, dealing with more 'local' matters, per signature ??

I was born down south but moved to Arnold in about 1970 when I was 2 and have lived here ever since. My mum is an Arnold lass born and bred and I've been able to trace her family back to Framework Knitters working in Arnold and Calverton in the early 1800s

Hi there. Im chrissy and from netherfield. Welcome. I have a good friend who lives in arnold,on galway road to be precise,do you know it? Anywhere near you? x

Thanks for the welcomes and comments on the site.

The Duke of Newcastle's Tunnel intrigued me too Beefsteak - I had no idea of its existence either - I plan to go exploring when I get the opportunity.

Galway Road is pretty close to me Chrissy - I live off High Street so almost everywhere in Arnold is reasonably close :) I can't say that I know it very well though.

I don't know what you mean Concerned Resident - I know bits of Bulwell (I worked for various companies in and around Bulwell over the last 20 years) and 'tis a loverly place (and I'm still up here)

Thanks again all.