Local Bouncers from the 60's and 70's

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just that having read through my diaries from those days I seem to have gone in the Sherriff's Bar quite a lot and then to the 99. I've spent the whole evening reading 40+ year old diaries, so m

I posted the above in response to someone reporting that Mick Piggot had passed. Well he hasn’t. The Mick Piggot I know is very much alive and I’m now in contact with him.

Yes I remember Pete.My name is Alan Tompkin. My nick name was 'Tomo' saw 'Stu Morris about 10 years ago also saw Jag last year at one of the Mapperley Top pubs.we all used to hang around town with Cli

A nice mix of clean brickwork and some superb looking quality paving...

Both features seemingly becoming 'lost arts' today.

Cheers

V. Meldrew

The electrician’s shop was on the corner of the ground floor with the gym on the second and third floors. You entered the gym through that (now) red door. It was all free weights – you even had to load up the lat machine. The showers either didn’t work or delivered only cold water. Further along Lake Street was a grocer’s store where we used to buy a pint of milk to swig while we trained. The gym smelt of sweat and milk. I can smell it now. Happy days.

Denshaw, I can remember Pete Brownhill.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

ANYONE REMEMBER STEVE AND MICK PIGGOTT BOTH WORKED THE DOORS ALL OVER NOTTINGHAM FOR MANY YEARS MICK IS STILL WORKING THE DOORS IN MANSFIELD NOW I BELIEV BROTHERS AND MY HUSBANDS NEPHEWS KNOW A FEW BIG GUYS WHO WOULD NOT CROSS THEM BUT BOTH ARE REALLY NICE GUYS.

BARBARA PIGGOTT.

i went to school with Mick, year below, new and liked both him and Steve, i was clubbing back then when they both worked with the Bailey Brothers, isabellas, Morts, Tiffanys, Madisons etc, wondered what happened to them a few times, glad they are still around

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes I remember Pete.My name is Alan Tompkin. My nick name was 'Tomo' saw 'Stu Morris about 10 years ago also saw Jag last year at one of the Mapperley Top pubs.we all used to hang around town with Cliff Elliott, Jan, Dusty,Mick Hill as well as a lot of the Carlton lads late sixties early seventies. Live in Ireland now still visit Nottm say hello to Pete from Tomo.

• Upvote 1

Never knew his last name for sure but thought it was Miller, small short blonde hair great dancer. Worked on the bins for a time, think he lived Woodborough Rd or St Anns area during the 60's & 70's. Not married when I knew him but went out with a friend of my wifes for a short time. I can vaguely remember a great bank holiday weekend at Skegness packed with mods & rockers.

Is Jan still about? Great fella, last saw him some years ago at the Elwes.

Thats Dusty :)

Jan is a member on this site and now runs 'The Gedling Club'

Stu Morris was recently seen at a Soul Night at the Polish Club, he is now in a wheelchair.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...