Local Bouncers from the 60's and 70's

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just that having read through my diaries from those days I seem to have gone in the Sherriff's Bar quite a lot and then to the 99. I've spent the whole evening reading 40+ year old diaries, so m

I posted the above in response to someone reporting that Mick Piggot had passed. Well he hasn’t. The Mick Piggot I know is very much alive and I’m now in contact with him.

Yes I remember Pete.My name is Alan Tompkin. My nick name was 'Tomo' saw 'Stu Morris about 10 years ago also saw Jag last year at one of the Mapperley Top pubs.we all used to hang around town with Cli

It's just that having read through my diaries from those days I seem to have gone in the Sherriff's Bar quite a lot and then to the 99. I've spent the whole evening reading 40+ year old diaries, so many memories there too!

• Upvote 3

They must be fantastic resource for all those precious memories, Lizzie. I never managed to keep a diary going for more than a few weeks.

You've got me wondering whether I'm getting my Sheriffs and Outlaws mixed up now. I'm sure others will know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mick Piggott has sadly passed away recently for those who knew him , not sure of his age but lost his life to cancer - Rest In Peace Mick

That's so sad. Earlier in this thread I said I used to train at same gyms as Mick in the '60s and '70s. A very affable, pleasant guy. We used to call him Les (as in Lester). Really saddened me. Remember us all being in our early '20s. RIP my old friend.

Back in the 60s/70s there were some very good doormen/Bouncers but also some very bad ones..........so the SIA Licence was introduced,and alot of company's make alot of money doing the training to attain the Badge..................Result............no difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Most of them were idiots! The rule " your missus can come in ...but not you"??!!

No jeans tonight,.. when those in collared shirts and slacks were the troublemakers.

You could see the folding pattern and pin marks on these thugs new shirts.

On 3/7/2014 at 3:35 AM, Big Mac said:

Stu, used to manage the Pretty Windows back in the '80s. Sorry to hear about his health. We once has a serious altercation but we got over it.

Knew stu before he took the pretty windows, when he did a bit of door work here and there. He used to be friends with geof ash who used to do the door at the mint bar under the Albany on maid Marion way. Sorry to hear about his bad health, he was one fit guy in his time.

• 11 months later...
On February 24, 2016 at 4:55 AM, Big Mac said:

That's so sad. Earlier in this thread I said I used to train at same gyms as Mick in the '60s and '70s. A very affable, pleasant guy. We used to call him Les (as in Lester). Really saddened me. Remember us all being in our early '20s. RIP my old friend.

I posted the above in response to someone reporting that Mick Piggot had passed. Well he hasn’t. The Mick Piggot I know is very much alive and I’m now in contact with him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1