Heinz Souper Day,

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiinz............ soooooper daaaaaaaaay

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I came across this YouTube video & thought it might inject a bit of TV advertisement nostalgia fo a few, I thought i was quite interesting ! So, as they say, dip yer bread in !  

We are the Ovaltineys, little girls and boys Make your requests, we'll not refuse you We are here just to amuse you Would you like a song or story? Will you share our joys? At

Who remembers 'Don't forget the Kiora, Arora'?

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

That's assuming that they can manage to undo the tin !

• 2 years later...

Ok then, what was this jingle to ? (Imagine me singing it) "she flies like a bird in the sky, i i i.  She flies like a bird and I wish that she was mine, she flies like a bird on me oh my I i i.

first one with the correct answer, gets a like !!

8 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

Hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face with mild new fairy liquid.The Esso sign means happy motoring.Get it get it for value and variety get it at Timothy Whites.I cant remember what they sold.

Wornt  Timothy Whites a pharmacy, similar to Boots.

heres one I have never for got  ,,  Roundtree's   fruit gums  yum yum  yum,   five fruity flavours in  your tum tum tum,,  one things for certain  beyond dispute in Roundtree's  fruit gums you taste the fruit,,  now whats the other one whats  the beer  that's always best  whatneys red draught barrel, the only beer that always best  whatneys red draught barrel..    But there are some modern   adverts that piss me off  and that  is the bloody    begging adverts  that come on when you are about to sit down for tea  for gods sake don.t this country give enough money away ,, where is the help when we need  it.  ie the floods,, may be we ought to give a few more billions to india and china,. for their space program

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brew said:

Up until a year ago we were still giving India about a hundred million a year...

The missus and I still give them a few grand each year !!

Ovaltinies Ian. (Trying to think of the next line. I know it finishes with "and because we all drink Ovaltine, we're happy girls and boys "!

We are the Ovaltineys, little girls and boys
Make your requests, we'll not refuse you
We are here just to amuse you
Would you like a song or story?
Will you share our joys?
At games and sports we're more than keen
No merrier children could be seen
Because we all drink Ovaltine
We're happy girls and boys.

• Like 3

In the 1930s, children could join The Ovaltinies club. My mum was a member and told me how she collected tokens from Ovaltine tins which could be exchanged for tickets to see The Ovaltinies Show at The Theatre Royal in Nottingham, plus other benefits such as receiving a card on your birthday.

• Like 2