Just hoping that anyone on the forum who may be in the path of Gustav is preparing right now.It looks like a monster of a storm!I'm in Naples on the Gulf coast of FL and we're getting plenty of rain from it already and it's still only just past Cuba!It really looks grim for New Orleans again!Fingers crossed for anyone in its' path.We've only just had tons of rain from Tropical Storm Fay!We're also watching Hurricane Hanna,which looks fairly likely to hit the East coast here(Miami,Ft Lauderdale)and then probably track across to us.

You've gotta love hurricane season!!! isitsafe

Watching progress on the news this morning, freeways blocked with cars leaving the cities.

Then views of the aftermath on Cuba, and it was reported...

"Cuba has a well rehearse evacuation procedure"

BBC Corespondant

You only have to visit south east Florida to see that?

(Not that I have anything against Cubans)

Cat4 at the moment and mandatory evacuations of the Big Easy start at noon, 4 1/2 hours from now. I'm safe, too far inland, but we do get a load of rain and it gets a bit windy around here about a day to two days after they reach landfall.

(Not that I have anything against Cubans)

They do some lovely cooking (Remember that steak sandwich in Miami Mick??)

As for the Hurricane ,best of luck and batten down the hatches , hope you all get away with as little damage as possible.

By the way the news headlines were on telly after "Match of the day" last night and they mentioned Hurricane Gustav and the fact that it was due to make landfall in New Orleans again ,Straight after the news, the late film ??? Yup "The Big Easy" with Dennis Quaid

I'm too far inland to worry about it, mid week we will get the after effects of it, heavy rain some winds, but other than that we will be safe.

I'm not quite sure where the wind has gone but we certainly have had the rain today.

So that's where it's gone...diezel has just dropped one......dirty dog!!!!!

Bip.

I'm too far inland to worry about it, mid week we will get the after effects of it, heavy rain some winds, but other than that we will be safe.

We're like you Ayup. North Ga. doesn't get the real heavy stuff but if we are lucky we will get some rain. Got a couple of inches from Fay last week and we were glad of it. We have been in a pretty bad drought for two years.

Sure feel for those folks in N.O. its got to be hard to leave your home and wonder if it will still be there when you get back.

Dave

I'm not quite sure where the wind has gone but we certainly have had the rain today.

So that's where it's gone...diezel has just dropped one......dirty dog!!!!!

Bip.

Those dog F**Ts are really something aren't they?

Sol can clear a room full of people in one go, then stands and stares at me!!

Dave

yeh my oldest Jack is based in Port Neaches TX and they`re under warning CAT 5....so they`re movin up to Austin......

It sounds awful I know but I just love bad weather (It's an ambition of mine to see a real BIG BIG BIG Tornado!!)

I saw a waterspout in Ibiza in 96 and that was good (Less than 1/4 mile away) We used to get the September storm over there and that was pretty good too , the sky looked like a strobe light with all the lightning at some points, I caught a couple of minor storms in Fla in 2002 also

I'll tell you what Ian, I most certainly never want to even see a small one!

When we are under tornado warnings, I change my nappy twelve times an hour!! They have to be one of natures most scary phenomenon. They can change direction at the blink of an eyelid and being caught in one will in most cases be a death sentence.

The waterspout was a lot safer (If there could be such an expression) as it is not throwing debris around like a conventional Tornado just a load of water (And the odd unfortunate scuba diver ,,,,,LOL)

This one moved inland taking San Antonio beach (Which is false and brought in by the lorry load in March) with it. It dumped it on the roof of my house 2/3 miles inland, when I got in from work at about 8 in the morning I found my widows had blown in and my bed was soaked. Now the sun is out and hot by now so I thought what the hell put the mattress on the roof to dry I then had nowhere to sleep so I decided to kip on the roof for a bit too.

When I woke up at 4.30pm..........!!!!!!!!!!! That evening the storm returned for a few more hours. How anybody can get severe sunstroke in the middle of a storm is beyond me.

when I got in from work at about 8 in the morning I found my widows had blown in and my bed was soaked.

Not surprised your bed was soaked with all those widows...how many have you got on the go? :rolleyes: