Do mobile phones fry your brain ?

I have yet to see a study that is not connected in some way to a commercial organisation that shows evidence of causality between power lines and cancer.

The problem with 'studies' is who is paying for them and what's their agenda, they are looking for evidence of what exactly?

The British Journal of Cancer would I think, dearly love to prove a link and point the finger. To that end they have collated data from eleven studies from round the world but failed to find a firm correlation between power lines and cancer.

The situation is similar with cell phone transmission. There simply is no proof cell phones are powerful enough to harm you in normal use.

I'm sure we can find youtubers proving beyond all doubt we will die if we use a cell phone in the rain unless we stand on one leg and hop up and down. Much like the perpetual motion contraptions you can see on YT,  they look and sound good but ultimately are wrong.

2 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

I also quoted my own experience with 440Mhz RF energy.

There is no doubt Ayeup that microwave RF energy is dangerous but lets remember you were playing with 100watts of transmission power, possibly for a prolonged period of time (you didn't say).

At that level of power there is a strong possibility of raising the temperature of the intraocular fluid in your eyes.

Whilst serious your experience can hardly be compared to a few minutes using a mobile phone under normal conditions but I do agree these things should be treated with respect. Were mobiles available when my children were young I doubt I would have allowed them to have one.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, colly0410 said:

wonder how much RF energy leaked into me from the klystron/waveguides/phased array gubbins?

Just wondering what your on about!!

• Like 1

A few years ago, there was a cafe (now this combines two threads!!) On the Clifton side of Clifton bridge that had a pylon in the garden. And even then people used to say that, that can't be safe, did they know someat we don't?.

• Like 1