I worked many a club during my days with NJD, and even more afterwards, and was just trying to remember some names that you may remember too. As NJD would sometimes swop guys around, I wont bother trying to link them to the club they mainly worked at,

These included, The Babel, Oscar Wildes, Toffs, Annabels, Isabellas, and others too....feel free to add names to them!

John Dolby.

Paul St John (Beswick)

Kevin Hopcroft

Boggy (Martin Baugh)

Dave Maurice (Morris?)

Ill have to finish the list later...have to go out!!!

A little later than you but;

P.P. Smith (The human Juke box)

Taz Cortez (Real surname Shah)

Stu

Little Mick

Dave Allen

Tenor Fly

And there was the guy (NJD worker) with one big eyebrow (Like the Gallagher bros) and the one everybody nicknamed 'Elephant man' (Sorry I don't remember their names)

Jimmy Carter

Rob Smith

Brendon (At the Q.E.) later followed by a lad named Martin

Oh and yours truely!!!!

• Upvote 1

Darn.....I meant to put this in the 70's bit!

Anyway, a few more names,

Dave Ross (Penna)

The 2 dj's at Oscars......?............. Dave..?.............? Nick?

Stu, (worked in NJD on Mansfield Rd with Dave Ross.

Barry Gee?

Jonathon

Paul King (Gadsby)

Topic moved to 70s Nottingham

Cheers Mick.

Btw, anyone remember the very camp Peter Martine? Dale used to know him, and I remember being shocked at hearing him use 4 letter words during his set!

Mind you, I was very young!

• 2 years later...

Cheers Mick.

Btw, anyone remember the very camp Peter Martine? Dale used to know him, and I remember being shocked at hearing him use 4 letter words during his set!

More NJD folk

Keith Greenwood

Stuart Mills

Jim Gissing

Paul Bestwick

• 6 months later...

Dave Morris (his DJ name) was my biological dad!

I remember the owners of NJD, or what I assumed to be the bosses ( I left notts when I was 8 so limited memoirs and have seen Dave "Morris" once since then!!!)- pretty sure her name was Gail - cant remember his, geoff seems to feel right... stupid thing... I know their dog was called shay! The guy did photography, as he came to ours one night and took pics of me in my ballroom dress. Thats why I found the site, looking if roy and mary knights still existed!

• 1 year later...

Howard Cooper... D.J @Camelot, he lived in Ruddington, Annanels D J, forget his name but he had a Corvette Stingray... Gold. You could not miss it around Nottingham. I believe he lived around the Bobber's Mill area. ???? I remember Babel's and Issabella's well. The manager at the time was Jim Fisher.

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Smith,

Do you remember a D.J. and rock writer by the name of Simon Stable - he also wrote for The New Musical Express in the U.K. ?

Metal Micky is a member on here, he's not been on for a while , but he was quite regular for a while.

I used to go to rock disco's around Nottingham in the 70's & 80's Metal Micky & a blond chap Pete used to DJ.

The blond DJ you mention might have been Pete Smith. Among other venues, he was a regular at 'Brummies' next to Warrow's. I occassionly covered for him there when he was double- booked.

• 3 months later...

Cheers Mick.

The ultra camp Miss Martine has recently been gigging in Nottingham @D2 Lower Parliament St.

Also, a number of the former NJD DJ's have been getting together for a couple of reunions of late, unfortunately, as one of the boys who is still gigging, I didn't make it!

• 1 year later...

Dave Morris (his DJ name) was my biological dad!

I remember the owners of NJD, or what I assumed to be the bosses ( I left notts when I was 8 so limited memoirs and have seen Dave "Morris" once since then!!!)- pretty sure her name was Gail - cant remember his, geoff seems to feel right... stupid thing... I know their dog was called shay! The guy did photography, as he came to ours one night and took pics of me in my ballroom dress. Thats why I found the site, looking if roy and mary knights still existed!

dave Morris real name was Dave Stapleford. Members of the NJD dj's annual reunion have been trying to contact Dave for the last fees years with no success. I do know that Dave moved to Skegness in the 1980's

The overall boss of NJD was Kevin Hopcroft. The guy who worked at the DJ office, which was at Dunkirk, was Berni Hertlein and his wife's name was Gaynor. They now live in the USA. You are right about the dog, it's name was Shey

Kevin Hopcroft was the DJ at Annabells with the gold Corvette

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Bit of an old thread but just in case. DJ Petal used to spin the decks at the Union. I worked with him at Plessey. He knew I loved James Brown so whenever I arrived at the Union he'd play Sex Machine and point me out. This led to a lot of blokes falling about with laughter and a lot of women having unreasonable expectations. JC was also a mate, who even made it onto Radio One - once or twice. Must have been the sky blue satin bomber jacket and the Rod Stewart hair style

JC was also a mate, who even made it onto Radio One - once or twice. Must have been the sky blue satin bomber jacket and the Rod Stewart hair style

Is that the one who was on Radio Nottingham (Jukebox and Rock Shows) - and the spelling might've been Jaye C ?