Recent pics of Nottm and Notts

The one of Ratcliffe Power Station is awesome! My dad worked there, and living in Long Eaton it was an ever-present reminder of our need for coal and electricity! However, I also remember when it was not there!

Almost forgot - my 21st birthday party was held at Ratcliffe's Sports and Social Club!

• 4 months later...
Thought I'd add some links to my flickr pages of local pics. These are all recent (2006 onwards) so will be of more interest to ex pats I suppose.

Nottingham Pics

Nottinghamshire Pics

I add to these continuously so if you like them now it may be worth popping back !cheers!

Wow Blew me away Dude!

Caused me to dig out my DSLR which has been neglected since

Christmas just made me wanna start shooting again Thanks!

Lez.............

The one of Ratcliffe Power Station is awesome! My dad worked there, and living in Long Eaton it was an ever-present reminder of our need for coal and electricity! However, I also remember when it was not there!

So do I...spent many happy hours tiddler fishing in the shallow river.Huge hill of red clay and Roman artefacts turning up all over the place.It was a lovely place for families picnicking on a summers day.

Almost forgot - my 21st birthday party was held at Ratcliffe's Sports and Social Club!

i also remember when it wasn,t there, used to cycle from clifton to fish there

There is a marina on the river Soar just west of the power station - that could be Redhill Marina (makes sense).

Excellent photography veggie. On the first sheet, one named 'My snowy street' looks a lot like Bells Lane Estate, a '77' type house. I grew up on there.

Kath

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Bu***r me, my internet provider won't allow access to "flicker'

Stupid as I'm sure your pictures aren't xrated?????

Well, MY pics aren't x rated but flickr does contain an awful lot that are. So if your ISP is one that does block sites with adult material I'm not surprised its blocked flickr.

Another thing to bear in mind is that some 'parental controls' software block it as well. I had a number of happy hours tearing my skin off unsuccessfully trying to access my flickr page once before I realised I'd accidentally turned the parental controls on.