Looking For Old Buddies

sorry - didn't mean to offend you. I just hope you're one of those Americans who visit places and not one of those who 'do' places. I've met and lived with hundreds of those and it aint easy to bite your lip sometimes. Especially when you've witnessed so much unfairness in your life - you tend to tell it like it is.

Forget what I said and make sure you have a great time in Nottm when you visit next. I recommend the Laguna restaurant on Mount St

The Actual Shedfixman

:rolleyes: You're forgiven, kisses all around! I understand that there's no way that you could have seen everything that is going on there given the media is the only source of information that you have. I'm 1,800 miles away, but I have several Friends in the military (my ex-husband was a marine) and law enforcement that communicate almost daily via e-mail, and let me tell you, they paint a completely different picture! I have one very good friend from Palm Springs who is a "weekend warrior" in the Navy reserves. He used to work for the sherriffs department and is now a public defender (go figure!) He is currently in Afghanistan and will be for 9 more months. You have to have respect for guys like that who willingly put their lives on hold to serve, even if it is only part time. :)

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Ritzys is now the Palais again Don't know if Wednesday Night is still GaG? B) What pubs did you go in town, and when was your last time in Nottingham?

GaG night was the only night I used to go. All the rest was Kids!

Posted Images

Actually I was mistaken about Ripley, he lives in Borrowash near Derby. I thought it was Ripley, but that was just where my moms friend lives that we stayed with during last years visit. What town do you live in Mr. Rob? (I have a map handy!) B)

My map is of the whole country, so it only shows a few things near Ripley...Alfreton, Heanor, and Belper. Are you in between Ripley and one of these? :Fool:

Are you planning on attending the meet-up in July? I put a post on the calendar for July 29th, if you have any suggestions for venue, reply with your suggestion.

That includes everybody, submit your suggested venues, and then maybe we can have a vote on it. smile2

My mom's friend picked us up from the train in Alfreton, and took us to stay at his fathers house in Ripley. He lives just down the hill from the town square across from a pub. (sorry, can't remember the name of the pub, Horse and Rider maybe?! I'm pretty sure it's Something and Something, that helps, huh? :Fool: )

:Friends: How about my local Cali that way i won't have to go on the bus and it's only a short way to crawl back...I could even take me dog [ diesal ]

Woooooooooooooooooops she's gone!

horse and jockey is the pub, every road to ripley is a hill, apparantly its one of the highest towns in england. can`t wait for bip to organize a get together, love that sort of thing and meeting new friends, nottingham is fine with me.

I'm not gone Bip, I'm just having server problems again!

horse and jockey is the pub, every road to ripley is a hill, apparantly its one of the highest towns in england. can`t wait for bip to organize a get together, love that sort of thing and meeting new friends, nottingham is fine with me.

That's it! Horse and Jockey, had lunch there, yummy! I love pub lunches.

!hungry!

I'm not sure if Bip has taken on the job of planning the meet-up, so far nobody has posted any possible places on the calendar so...make a suggestion!!

I'm thinking around lunchtime, somewhere with outdoor seating might be good then the kids can run around, and the parents can mingle. Any ideas?

Somewhere around the castle sounds good to me, and by all means, bring the clan!! My 3 boys will be with us! Post a response on the calendar event (July 29) and if we get more suggestions posted, we can vote on the venue.

If you're not sure how to post to the calendar, go onto the calendar page (top right corner next to Members) then scroll down to where you can choose the month, go to July, then click on the 2nd Annual Nottstalgia Meet-up link (on the 29th), and reply with a suggested venue!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh but why, you seem like such a pleasure to have around!! lips0

• 7 years later...

One more thing, to all, if you only had one night to spend in Nottingham, where would you go? I don't want to waste my one night by going to the wrong places! sad.gif

BUMP

If i had one night to spend out in Notts, I would spend it on a pub crawl,starting in Carlton, Bruno first,Windsor Castle,Blacks head,Chesterfield or Tavern and end up at The Grey Goose for a dance to the live bands and home for one of Dads home made curries,of course only if i could do it all 1960s style,In Cali Gals words where would you all go. :cheers: