More Boon locations to find

Ayup Denshaw,

I think the Raleigh buildings were knocked down in 2003/4 and I think these pictures were taken in 91, The Basford gas works covered a very big site, do you think that one is possible.

I only hope it's not in them woods at the back of Barnby manor Avocet!!!

Rog

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made it snow in that pub one christmas eve....with those tablets you could get from 'sign of four' that you put in yer cigarette........was funny at the time...watching everyone with their hand over their pints....was packed too....musta been about 1976ish.

• 3 years later...

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone could help me by telling me where this filming location is please, which is off the TV series boon, I would like to know the name of the road please that has this very nice view if at all possible.

Sorry the image is not more clear, I thought it could be West Bridgford way , the filming shot seems to be at the top of a fairly steep road with nice view of the council house and the Newton building.

Please see link to photo below

http://imageshack.us.../403/viewv.jpg/

Kind Regards All

I would like to see the video clip, but its looking like from the broad marsh direction?

Was it filmed after the Broad Marsh Centre was built.

I will merge this topic with other Boon threads when there are less members viewing

Burtkt Welcome

Use Forum search for 'Boon' you will find much here.

I will merge them when less are viewing this topic

There were 7 series of Boon from mid 80s to mid 90s. If this is from 92 it would be one of the later series.

As Mick says, do you have the longer video clip so we can see how it arrives at that shot and where it goes next.

I think West Bridgford is too far away; maybe somewhere nearer Sneinton or Trent Bridge

Looking at the angles again, I think my idea of Sneinton was rubbish. It has to be more from the south or west of the city centre.

Bearing in mind it was filmed by Central when they were based at Lenton Lane, the angle from there is a good fit although I can't work out the exact location.

I'd agree with Babs - definitely from the direction of the castle. The Nottingham Trent Newton building is clear as is the council house. With the former being north of the latter it has to be from an approximate south west of Market Square position. Wouldn't be surprised if it was from the castle rooftop.

Not Greens mill Chrissy , more to the south.

With the Council House to the right of the Newton Building and the Newton building showing that front elevation, plus the angle of St Peters Church in relation to the CH and NB and also looking for the trees that are in the shot , it would suggest that it is indeed taken fron the roof of the Broad Marsh centre.

A La this bit from Google Earth

7161809792_91a253c974_b.jpg

The Newton Building being top of the picture , Council House to the centre, St Peters 2nd place up , and the possible vantage point is "X marks the spot "

Well...With the concrete posts,bushes,and hints of a wire fence...I would say a path or roadway at the Castle.A typical telephoto shot where distant points are distorted and made to appear closer together.

Thanks for the map Ian.

Roughly in the same direction I was looking at.

However if the shot was done with a long lens, could be from much further

or Much Much further away?

Looking at the photo, can anyone work out where the clock face is on the Council House? The clock is only on the front elevation and I can't see a clock, so I think the photo is showing the Council House from the side or back. If so, that would rule out the Castle or Park area

From the compression I suspect a long lens?

Further out of the city?

What is that Church 1/3 from the left.

Can anyone embed Imageshack hosted pics?

Even after compressing the picture to remove some distortion it's difficult to place the camera...I can't suss out the church spires to match their known positions.

Buggered if I know...

aa80ecae.jpg

Looking at the photo, can anyone work out where the clock face is on the Council House? The clock is only on the front elevation and I can't see a clock, so I think the photo is showing the Council House from the side or back. If so, that would rule out the Castle or Park area

After looking at this I would say the clock face is on the left out of view as you look at the photo.

Many thanks to all the forum members for your kind replies please keep them coming as it has been very interesting to read.