Redundant Jobs

Shop Staff who actually know what they sell. Instead of, (when you actually find one) and ask if they sell a certain garment, being taken all around the shop floor to where the assistant thinks the item might be. Then, start a search (which you have already done yourself before making the enquiry) Only to be informed" Sorry, If we did sell it; It would be around here somewhere.

• Upvote 2

I think it may have been discussed on another thread in the dim and distant past. Here in North America for a lady to get knocked up has a different meaning.. A friend of ours found that out the hard way when she gave a talk at her church about growing up in the UK and getting knocked up for work each day. She could not understand why folks were sniggering and grinning at such a simple idea.

• Upvote 2

Banana bender,

Test driver at a mattress company

To be honest though my job (Crown & Bridge tech) has now got machines to make them (Not as good) but you can buy the equipment for about $250,000 and sell a crown for $59 less the blank they are machined from $159 & the cutters that wear out, It can make up to 16 a day out of one blank.

Then you have to paint the colour on it & refire then glaze it. That's why I only make Dentures now.

But they are also getting 3D printed, Look like crap but the tech is improving.

• 2 years later...

I actually know a chap who used to repair CR tubes. It was a big business at the time and he had clients like British Rail, airports and other large companies that used tv to display announcements. He was able to regun the tubes, create a vacuum and reseal. I still see him regularly. No call for his services now though.