Seasonal Google Earth ??

Someone posted a thing about bunkers hidden in woods. After having a quick look on Google Earth (I also use MS Live Earth sometimes) I suddenly wondered:

What season were the pictures taken ?

Ordinarily I don't s'pose it matters to most visitors,,,,,, but in this instance (as in possibly thousands of others) where a wood is concerned,,,,, maybe a picture taken in the winter would show more,,,, i.e: bare trees etc,,,,, whereas a picture taken mid summer could be blighted by leafy cover etc ?!

This might also have helped our recent BOON hunting,,,,,

My 2008 G.E seems to have been taken about Spring,,,,, the farmers field behind me always has stuff in it throughout the summer/autumn etc, but it seems pretty empty on this version - tho' lots of it is pretty lush & verdant.

I have no idea now, when the previous version was taken - it might just make a difference - depending on what you'r searching for, and if foliage is concerned.

,,,,, just a thought,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BAZ

Just answered this in the other thread , there is a layer on there that tells you when it was filmed , I can't remember where it was though , I'm going to have a good search in a bit.

(I lost a lot of stuff off of G.E when I down loaded the 2008 version !! including all the info on The Defence of Britain, lost railway stations , and crop circles )

Incedently crop circles theres a clue there

Just answered this in the other thread , there is a layer on there that tells you when it was filmed , I can't remember where it was though , I'm going to have a good search in a bit.

(I lost a lot of stuff off of G.E when I down loaded the 2008 version !! including all the info on The Defence of Britain, lost railway stations , and crop circles )

Incedently crop circles theres a clue there

I'm obviously only using 10% of the programs capabilities,,,,,,, can't find filters & layers that other people mention,,,,

Shame you lost bits Ian,,,,, you tend to take things for granted when you use 'em a lot,,,,, then you forget how you got there when they've gorn.

I found the 'aircraft in flight' through the 'crop circles' thread , and believe it or not there are hundreds of them (I found one at Manchester airport that wasn't on there !!!!) I still have that link . I can probably find it again if you are interested.