Hi

Not sure if this is the right place but I've tried to post this before and now I can't find my message to see if I have had any replies. Where am I going wrong? I know it may be that I'am an Old Fart (can I say that ) and have not fully understood what to do.

Help Please

Thanks

DaveS

Dave,

Welcome to the Nottstalgia group...

I was at Crane, but left just before you arrived.

To read our many contributions (6 pages) on William Crane in the 50's, right click on:

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=592

Post back in this thread with your comments.

Cheers

Robt P.

Ayup Dave,

Pick up the topic and look for the post you want to reply to, scroll to bottom of the page and look for ( REPLY) click on that and fill the plain white box in with your text, when finished scroll a little way down the page and look for (ADD REPLY) click on that and your post should be added

Rog

Hi Rog and Robt P

Thanks for getting back to me

do you remember the american music teacher and a red faced teacher who took us for maths he liked giving the strap for the smallest mistake, and I think the metal work teachers name was mr wright ? two opf my best mates were brian booker and david willkinson but he left and went to live somewhere near broxtowe woods .we were in form 2b and we also went to the pinewood? outdoor centre for two weeks does this ring any bells with any one?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Not sure if this is the right place but I've tried to post this before and now I can't find my message to see if I have had any replies. Where am I going wrong? I know it may be that I'am an Old Fart (can I say that ) and have not fully understood what to do.

Help Please

Thanks

DaveS

Hello Dave I went to W Crane from 45 to 55 maybe our paths crossed I am just as new to this as you so lets see how we get on G P

• 1 month later...

I try again............

I hope you don’t mind but this is the closest thread I could fine for my posting without starting a new one.

Anyway, during my scanning (mentioned in another post elsewhere) i turned up this, scanned it and here it is.

There are a couple of names there some of you should recognise.

myreport_williamcraneschoolreport_j.jpg

It worked.. !englandflag!

• 4 years later...

Back to the music teacher it has just come back to me it is Austin Scot he used to play the flute

I remember Austin Scot. He was an American and did indeed play the flute. I remember my first music lesson in the 'Seniors' when he tried to play the trombone as well and had us in stitches. That set the general standard of our music lessons. To do him justice though, he was also responsible for a youth orchestra which was allied I think to the Aspley Boys Club under Gordon Cley. It was quite something in those days.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 years later...

You are right about the music teacher,who like most Americans used six words when two would do.The only time I known him to be speechless was when we filled the piano with milk bottles, before morning assembly ! Mr North was not so gob smacked and it goes without saying that the three offenders ( myself included) got the strap, ouch !

• Upvote 1