Russ

Nottingham Chippies Good and Bad

Went in the Moulin Rouge chippy the other day as recommended on here by Melissa Kelly ages ago.

Superb I reckon AND on par with Eptons !

• Like 2

In there everytime i am over..spotless..huge portions and reasonably priced..Mick ..over soon- we are in there!

• Like 1

Mrs.C will be in charge of us as normal..miss those Hobgoblin Hours we have had..remember when the table was full of pints?

2 for 1 is not a good lunchtime offer for Catfan and Mr.123.

• Like 2

I often nip into Carringtons on Carrington Street after a Forest home game, I always have a child's portion of chips, normal battered sausage & curry sauce, in a tray & wooden fork.   

• Like 3

When I lived in Doncaster and came down to Nottingham for a visit always went to chippy on Beechdale Road, best mushy peas ever. In Doncaster they were always a vivid green (no pea was ever that colour) and dry, definitely not proper mushy peas.

• Like 1

Queens gobbed in the fat..if that fried ..the oil was ready!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stavertongirl said:

When I lived in Doncaster and came down to Nottingham for a visit always went to chippy on Beechdale Road, best mushy peas ever. In Doncaster they were always a vivid green (no pea was ever that colour) and dry, definitely not proper mushy peas.

Artificial colours & flavours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Mrs.C will be in charge of us as normal..miss those Hobgoblin Hours we have had..remember when the table was full of pints?

2 for 1 is not a good lunchtime offer for Catfan and Mr.123.

How could I forget !

Cz4Y-G3b5DSvT_ltuHL-Mtd6jlP6U0pVgmYihhXe

• Like 2

Just looked on street view and it's still there, it's called Trent fish bar. I went in about 4 years ago, it's not as good as it used to be.

We always used to get fish and chips there when County were playing at home. As Dad was a driver at Trent Bridge we could leave his car there and walk to Meadow Lane after having a good feed.

• Like 3

When it was ran by foreign owners it went downhill rapidly.

• Like 1

Greeks cook chips the best..superb on Trinity Sq..Highbury Vale years ago..Commercial Rd..way back...and the Dale now is good.

On 6/1/2019 at 9:10 AM, denshaw said:

Trent fish bar.

I always used to call there for a fritter and chips on my home to Clifton from my grandmothers (Bathley street) at least twice a week back in the mid sixties,sit on the embankment steps to eat them then cycle home via embankment,Ha'penny bridge,wilford village,Ruddington, then over the GCR station bridge to Farnborough road Clifton,oh happy days

Rog

• Like 1

Thanks Martin..if i am being driven in Nottm i do try these places..Linga Longa..i have not tried either 

• Like 1