Keep seeing posts about themed pubs,,,,, but can't see that anyone talked about these two beauties,,,,

As builders we contracted out to a brewery that were doing 'themed' pubs out of town. I guess this was about mid 60's.

The first was (I think) SEA WORLD - it 'featured' a shark bursting through a wall in the lounge,,,,

The second was (another think) JUNGLE WORLD - it featured a lion bursting through the wall,,,,

Can't recall:

where they were

how long they lasted

if they did any more.

Even as a young lad I thought they were garbage places even before they werre opened !

Baz

...The first was (I think) SEA WORLD - it 'featured' a shark bursting through a wall in the lounge,,,,

There was a newly built Sea World at Lincoln's North Hykeham, in the early 70's - or are you thinking more locally?

Cheers

Robt P.

Used to love the Whistle Stop, below ground at the side of the Victoria hotel, all done out like railway carriages and waiting rooms, nice pint of double D as well

Rog

Used to love the Whistle Stop, below ground at the side of the Victoria hotel, all done out like railway carriages and waiting rooms, nice pint of double D as well

Rog

whilst not being a big fan of 'themed' pubs (unless the theme is "PUB" [here's a wacky idea for some up & coming brewery,,,,, why don't you build a pub ?] - separate thread for Brewery Readers !!).

The Whistle Stop is one of my 'All Time Faves',,,,,, it was a bit like being in a 'village' with the separate 'kiosks' / bars etc.

It was the right place at the right time,,,,,,, there wasn't often that I'd come out there alone,,,,,

Baz

How daft is this , in all the boozing I did round town, I never went in the place.

My only experience of themed pubs/ restaurants, over here was that (Crap) Robin Hood restaurant near the castle , in the early 90s

Been in the Planet Holywood down in London too, and that was a rip off too, so I have tended to keep out of them for fear of being scamed!!

The only themed pub I’ve ever been in was in Toronto Canada, Wayne Gretzky’s bar & restaurant.

Bip.